Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 26

Thread: Carter condemns Israel

  1. #10
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Q,
    Did you read the article i posted ? This is one of the more respected Rabbis in Israel and he is claiming God allows or demands the Jews kill ANYONE not Jewish .

    " He urges application of the "Amalekites ruling" and says that the Jews must undertake to implement it in all eras because it is a "divine commandment" . Rosen does not hesitate to define the "Amalekites of this age" as the Palestinians. He writes, "those who kill students as they recite the Torah, and fire missiles on the city of Siderot, spread terror in the hearts of men and women. Those who dance over blood are the Amalekites, and we must respond with counter-hatred. We must uproot any trace of humanitarianism in dealing with them so that we emerge victorious."
    This is a prime example of a zealot bending his religion to fit his beliefs .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  2. #11

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Quinn, I respect you and your opinons, too, but if I weren't an atheist already, that statement would convince me to become one.
    I'll double down on that one...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  3. #12
    Olympic Champ r.payton@att.net's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Danville .Indiana
    Posts
    8,718

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Great article Spider. I've read it before and it hits the nail right on the head.

    As a side note, I always feel a bit dirty clicking on these kinds of threads, like I'm going to end up on a government watch list or something. There are legitimate, important issues regarding Isreal, Palestine, and all that stuff, but so many articles on the topic seemed to be written by crazies, I keep expecting to see swastikas and the like pop up somewhere.
    The articles are NOT important . The only thing which matters is this is the prevalent thought and actions of the zionists . Notice the quotations around comments made by key rabbis. The authors of the articles are NOT making this up, these are the actual words from the rabbis. There is a reason you do NOT read these articles in the US papers.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

  4. #13

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Quinn, I respect you and your opinons, too, but if I weren't an atheist already, that statement would convince me to become one.
    That's understandable. But it wasn't my statement, it was God's. I don't understand everything he says either. But I do know that the Jews believe this to be true, too. A lot of them think that they should carry out what Joshua failed to do. I don't necessarily agree with that. Like I said, I don't know how you solve an ancient problem in the modern world. But it does show how deep these convictions go, whether you believe in them or not. That's why I don't think any of us have any business deciding who's right or wrong. This is something we can not even come close to comprehending.

    That is what pisses me off so much about anything we do in the Middle East. Those people have been at war hundreds of years before America was even thought about. Who are we to tell them what to do?

  5. #14
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Quinn, I respect you and your opinons, too, but if I weren't an atheist already, that statement would convince me to become one.
    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    That's understandable. But it wasn't my statement, it was God's.
    Let me clarify: I respect your opinion that God said this. I have no respect for a religion or deity that promotes murder.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Let me clarify: I respect your opinion that God said this. I have no respect for a religion or deity that promotes murder.
    Do you believe in the death penalty?

  7. #16
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do you believe in the death penalty?
    I'm on the fence, but tend towards yes, as applied to individuals. But I don't think that that is pertinent to this discussion. The quotatoin said that God wanted to punish an entire race of people. I believe that those who participated in the holocaust should be punished (possibly with the death penalty), but not all Germans.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    The book of Joshua tells all about this. The land was promised to the Jews by God. God gave the Palestinians (Canaanites) 400yrs to repent from their evil ways. When they refused, he set the Jews free from Egyptian slavery to claim their rightful land. The only thing the Jews did wrong was to not kill everything that breathes, like God told them to do.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I'm on the fence, but tend towards yes, as applied to individuals. But I don't think that that is pertinent to this discussion. The quotatoin said that God wanted to punish an entire race of people. I believe that those who participated in the holocaust should be punished (possibly with the death penalty), but not all Germans.
    That is kind of the problem. God gave the entire race of people 400yrs to repent. During those years, the Jews were enslaved in Egypt so it's not like they didn't suffer. When God felt it was time to give the Jews the land he promised, he didn't want any of the Canaanites to live because he said they would lead the Jews astray. And they did. Heck, the Jews couldn't even wait 40 days for Moses to come off the mountain without making golden calves and worshiping them. So God apparently didn't want them tempted.

    Do you think that all of the Nazi's who participated in the Holocaust should have received the death penalty?

  9. #18
    Ancient Arachnid Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    5,424

    Default Re: Carter condemns Israel

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    That is kind of the problem. God gave the entire race of people 400yrs to repent. During those years, the Jews were enslaved in Egypt so it's not like they didn't suffer. When God felt it was time to give the Jews the land he promised, he didn't want any of the Canaanites to live because he said they would lead the Jews astray. And they did. Heck, the Jews couldn't even wait 40 days for Moses to come off the mountain without making golden calves and worshiping them. So God apparently didn't want them tempted.
    Since I believe that the Bible was written by men who probably believed that they were inspired by God, and is not the word of God, biblical references have little validity for me and don't change my way of thinking.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Do you think that all of the Nazi's who participated in the Holocaust should have received the death penalty?
    Possibly (or probably), on a case by case basis (as I said above) depending on their level of invovlement.

    Going out now - back later.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •