Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FILA Jr WTT's

Default Re: FILA Jr WTT's

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    What is The Wire? I'm assuming a tv show, but what station, what day? I hate not knowing something!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TV. HBO. Its no longer on. Its a show about various institutions in Baltimore.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    What is The Wire? I'm assuming a tv show, but what station, what day? I hate not knowing something!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Seriously? I find it hard to believe that you and Gold don't know of The Wire.

Best series ever.

Isn't that the show about drug dealers and how the police use sophisticated surveillance techniques to try and catch them ? It shows how the war on drugs affects everyone .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Isn't that the show about drug dealers and how the police use sophisticated surveillance techniques to try and catch them ? It shows how the war on drugs affects everyone .
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Plus a lot more. How the end of blue collar labor, politics, education and the media affect everyone as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Seriously? I find it hard to believe that you and Gold don't know of The Wire.

Best series ever.
    I'm very aware of The Wire. Love the show. VA began watching it on my recommendation, so I felt that I should chime in and take credit for exposing him to "greatest piece of media [he has] ever been exposed to."

Actually, Omar Little was my avatar for a couple years.

To me it's about how inherently flawed many institutions in America are. Not just the drug dealers(who had it about as much together as the police department), but schools, politicians, industries, etc. It's pretty tragic, but very entertaining.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    I'm very aware of The Wire. Love the show. VA began watching it on my recommendation, so I felt that I should chime in and take credit for exposing him to "greatest piece of media [he has] ever been exposed to."

Actually, Omar Little was my avatar for a couple years.
    Good. My faith in you has been restored.

Well now I'm going to have to buy the DVDs. I don't get HBO so I've never heard of it. But I am now intrigued.