Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nickerson to Iowa State

Default Re: Nickerson to Iowa State

Finch, Meeks, Goettl, McCauley, Spangler?, Beard, Gadson, Gibson

That's some decent talent. ISU could be very tough if they wrestle to their potential. The question is if KJ can get it out of them.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I've heard Spangler is through-too many concussions.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Finch, Meeks, Goettl, McCauley, Spangler?, Beard, Gadson, Gibson

That's some decent talent. ISU could be very tough if they wrestle to their potential. The question is if KJ can get it out of them.
    A big question is can they all stay healthy? 2011-12 didn't go too well for ISU in the injury department.

i'm friends with Mikey English's dad and Mikey might be able to make the pull to 165 , he performed admirably last season as spangler's fill in and might be a factor at 174. Of course with HOWE/CALDWELL at 165 and HOWE/PERRY at 174 there is not much chance to win the big 3.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

My best guess is
    125 - Finch
    133 - Meeks
    141 - Goettl
    149 - McCauley
    157 - Moreno & Trent Weatherman
    165 - Tanner Weatherman is going here
    174 - Mikey England, Chris Spangler is done due to concussions
    184 - Boaz Beard
    197 - Kyven Gadsen & Cole Shafer
    Hwt - Matt Gibson

Really like this hire for ISU. I hope he can develop the lights really well. Here's to hoping for a healthy season.

I like the look of the lineup, though as much as I'd love to plug Meeks in right away and see what he can do, I am kind of hoping he takes a redshirt. I'm sure it will be tough to hold him out when there's pretty much noone else decent at 33.

I agree. I hpe they see what Hallman and Cash do 1st, and wait until the Midlands to make a decision, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Heard Blake Meeks might also be joining the team and competing at 141. I assume Mayfield will be at 149. Logan Molina will back up Tanner W at 165. Depth is definitely getting better. We need a heavyweight to take over the following year. Swope and Scanlan are the only 2 in the room after Gibson leaves.

Troy Nickerson had nothing to do with the light weights coming to Iowa State. He nor any other assistant was being talked about when Meeks, Bauer, Larson, McCauley, Moreno signed. The state of Iowa was just loaded with lightweights this year and we got some good ones. I know the lightweight wrestlers are excited to have Troy in the room.

Next year the State of Iowa doesn't have much D1 talent as of now. Probably Jake Marlin of Creston and Brandon Sorensen of Denver Tripoli are the only 2 I can think of.

I really hope that ISU can get it going again. They've had such a great tradition over the years it would be great to seem them back highly ranked.