Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Default Re: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Assuming Gayzumov is 100% him losing to Yazdani would surprise me more than Goudrazi over Burroughs. He's just looks so much bigger and more powerful, and I doubt Yazdani can control him in the over-under position like he does to other guys.

I also enjoy watching Sharifov wrestle a lot, real aggressive with his technique.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    I am gonna call it now... i pick Goudarzi to beat burroughs. Let the hype train end!

Gazyumov will lose to Yazdani.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sharifov compete.
    Even if Burroughs loses, you can't all the acclaim he has receive as hype. He has earned it on the mat.

The groups-
    Group A

RUSSIE VS BULGARIE
    BELARUS VS KAZAKHSTAN
    AZERBAIDJAN VS RUSSIE
    BULGARIE VS BELARUS
    KAZAKHSTAN VS RUSSIE
    AZERBAIDJAN VS BULGARIE

Group B

IRAN RI VS TURQUIE
    USA VS JAPON
    GEORGIE VS IRAN RI
    TURQUIE VS USA
    JAPON VS IRAN RI
    GEORGIE VS TURQUIE

Gogshelidze,balchi, varner, yazdani, looks interesting.
    Most people on here will be excited for Iran vs USA my predictions,
    55kg-Rahimi vs Hazewinkel=Rahimi wins this one, if escobedo wrestles its a 50/50.
    60kg Esmaeilpoor vs Scott=Esmaeilpoor, only american with a chance here would be bunch imo.
    66kg Taghavi vs Frayer=Taghavi.
    74kg Goudarzi vs Burroughs=I'm going with the upset, goudarzi wins this one.
    84KG Lashgari vs Herbert= Lashgari.
    96KG Yazdani vs Varner= I think it will be competitive, but yazdani comes through.
    120kg Dlagnev vs Azar shakib= Dlagnev.
    The only match i see going the other way is burroughs.
    Last edited by gbdaz; 05-11-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Is the Iranian 60 kg guy the one who beat Zadick in the world finals?

Pretty sure Herbert is injured, but I don't see why he couldn't beat Lashgari if he was competing. Both guys have a reputation for being a bit flaky, but Herbert already beat the Iranian at this tournament I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Is the Iranian 60 kg guy the one who beat Zadick in the world finals?

Pretty sure Herbert is injured, but I don't see why he couldn't beat Lashgari if he was competing. Both guys have a reputation for being a bit flaky, but Herbert already beat the Iranian at this tournament I believe.
    Zadick lost to Mohammadi. I agree both herbert and lashgari are very inconsistent, herbert beat him at the world cup in 2010, herbert had a great run at that time imo, lashgari had a terrible year in 2010, but currently he's not doing too bad, i'm usually critical of him but he has been consistently winning and racking up some big points, pinning sokhiev a month ago, so he's the in form wrestler out of the two thats why i'm picking him, but i wouldn't be suprised if he messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    I am gonna call it now... i pick Goudarzi to beat burroughs. Let the hype train end!

Gazyumov will lose to Yazdani.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sharifov compete.
    elaborate on the hype the Burroughs has received.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

What time does it start, Baku time? Are all the matches going to be shown on AZ tv or just Azeri, this is part of the reason competitions in the USA and Russia can be good, always full coverage of events, turks showed about 5 matches at the worlds, so i'd doubtful about azeri's showing this.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    elaborate on the hype the Burroughs has received.
    It's true he became world champion, but the Americans are talking like he is unbeatable. Hence hype train.

They also forget that Goudarzi-Burroughs should have been a period each, but was scored incorrectly.

I knew this would happen, turks are showing rodeo when matches are going on.