Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: "Occupiers" try to blow up bridge that I drive on

Default Re: "Occupiers" try to blow up bridge that I drive on

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    So, based on my stupid conditions of saying January, no, I'm not taking that bet for myself, but I'm in for ANY month afterward!
    Still waiting.

Let's be clear. You said unemployment has been dropping since February of 2009. I win that bet. It rose for most of 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    So since the bet is now official, go back and read the very link you provided. Unemployment rose every month until topping out at 10% in October of 2009. You now owe me $1000. Let's see how you weasel out of this one.
    That wasn't my bet. My bet was initially (you hadn't taken me up on it, so it wasn't official) that the unemployment rate today is lower than it was in January of 2009. That is off, as I would lose and you didn't officially commit to it.

Read my subsequent offers. My bet is now that the unemployment rate today is lower than it has been in any other month after January of 2009. Yes, it rose and fell, but, as you can see, it has been consistently dropping since October of 2009.

You in for this bet (which is essentially the same bet): the unemployment rate is lower today than it has been in every month after January of 2009. You in?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Let's be clear. You said unemployment has been dropping since February of 2009. I win that bet. It rose for most of 2009.
    Yes, overall, it HAS been dropping. As you can see from post 42 and onward, my bet has been one thing and one thing only: the unemployment rate today is lower than any other time since January of 2009. That has been my point since we began this debate. You were the one who claimed that it is rising, the numbers are cooked, and I simply have maintained that that is false.

Aside from being too confident (as I know that it is lower today than when he took office), I assumed that January would be so too. I still sleep well at night.

Let me get this straight. I accepted your first bet before you retracted it. I was probably typing the same time you were, but that doesn't matter, it's over. What you are saying now is that although unemployment is still higher today than it ever was under Bush that you want to bet that Obama is turning things around? He raised unemployment steadily for months and then it went up and down for months and you base your bet off of just this month? Just two months ago it was just as high as it was in February 2009 and I'm sure it will spike right back up in a month or two. No way will I make a retarded bet like that.

It's funny how you ignore the two years of 9% or higher and base everything off of one good month. And things are still higher than under Bush. Fact is, Obama has not helped the economy, I took your bet, and I'm not surprised by the outcome.

Why do you accept 8.3% as a good number? Why not demand better?

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    However, since February of 2009, the unemployment rate has dropped almost every month, right up until this day.
    Do you remember typing this? It isn't true. Look at the very site you linked.

Let me get this straight. I accepted your first bet before you retracted it. I was probably typing the same time you were, but that doesn't matter, it's over. What you are saying now is that although unemployment is still higher today than it ever was under Bush that you want to bet that Obama is turning things around? He raised unemployment steadily for months and then it went up and down for months and you base your bet off of just this month? Just two months ago it was just as high as it was in February 2009 and I'm sure it will spike right back up in a month or two. No way will I make a retarded bet like that.

It's funny how you ignore the two years of 9% or higher and base everything off of one good month. And things are still higher than under Bush. Fact is, Obama has not helped the economy, I took your bet, and I'm not surprised by the outcome.

Why do you accept 8.3% as a good number? Why not demand better?
    Yes, NOWHERE in here will you find me betting that the rate hasn't gone up over that time period; I already know that the rate has risen and fallen over time.

However, I only offered two bets: that it was higher in January of 2009 than it is today (technically, that would be false and you never accepted that bet, thank God!), and that the rate is lower now than any other month since January of 2009. Those are the only bets that I've offered, and you haven't taken either of those two bets.

If you look at the graph above the chart, you can see that the OVERALL TREND with the unemplyment rate has been a steadily declining unemployment rate. As an OVERALL TREND, which is all that I've ever said, the unemployment rate IS dropping, and yes, that is a positive sign for our country.

So, why do you stress the negative? Is it not a good thing that unemployment is dropping?

Do you remember typing this? It isn't true. Look at the very site you linked.
    Well, it has been dropping almost every month since then. That is a fact. However, I never bet on THAT.

Ban, go back and look at that chart again. It rose or stayed the same for 21 of the 39 months and none of it has been consistant. There is no overall trend of dropping, in fact since it has risen or stayed the same in more months than it has dropped, I'd say that is the trend if there is one.

I don't stress the negative, either. I will be quick to point it out in an election year because if I don't, I fear people will vote out of emotion or party instead of facts. Believe me, I want any president to help this country. But when facts are looked at objectively, he hasn't done that. You seem to be stuck on a party instead of a person. I know a lot of people are like that but it's stupid, IMO. Take your ego out of it and accept that sometimes democrats aren't the best for the job and sometimes we vote for the wrong person. I voted for Boehner for years before I opened my eyes to the fact that he is bought and paid for just like most of them in congress. I voted against him in his primary this year, although he won in a landslide. It was humbling to realize that I had been wrong for years, but I had a choice to make a change or double down on stupid. I don't want people to double down on stupid. Voting for Obama would be doing that. Like I said, it's a shame there was no democrat primary.