Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

Default Re: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

I know Frayer hasn't medaled before (dont know if he's ever represented the US even) but he has been kicking around near the top of the ladder for many years, its not like he came out of nowhere to win this
    Gold is an idiot.

Default Re: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

HAZE!

metcalf...
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Frayer has been #2 several times (to Paulson, Metcalf and Zadick I think). Before his loss to Mecalf in the WTT's he beat him several times. In my opinion both he and Haze, good as they are have had that "can't win the big one" stigma around them. What a time to step up! Not sure how Metcalf is a clear improvement- he has beaten some top guys, but also lost to some non-medallists (Haislan Garcia 2x, among others). None of the 66's is a medal favorite, and any of the top ones have an outside shot to catch lighting in a bottle the way that Zadick did a few yeaers back.

I see the Flying Squirrel won at 60 kg greco. And say what you will about Travis Paulson's style, pretty good tournament for a guy esentially bumping up a weight

I just looked at Frayer's results... he tore through this tournament. Scored more than Metcalf, against a tougher draw. He earned this.

I guess it's "welcome to the big leagues" for Ed Ruth too. Phil Keddy is getting really tough also.

Hoping some of these videos turn up where I can watch them in Canada, sounds like some great wrestling Pretty disappointed that Ali Bernard (who trains a lot in Canada) didn't make the team, otherwise I'm happy with the results. Very curious to see if/how a 60 kg fs and 96 kg gr wrestle off plays off.

HEZ and FRAYER going to London? ;^))))) I promise them 2 round -not more.

Feel for guys like Simmons and Metcalf missing out on the team this year. But then Haze has been around the scene just as long as Simmons has, and Frayer has been the bridesmaid so many times when it comes to making the team its cool to see him finally get there.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    HAZE!

metcalf...
    As far as I know Haze is the 1st 2nd generational Olympic wrestler in US history.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayak View Post
    HEZ and FRAYER going to London? ;^))))) I promise them 2 round -not more.
    Perhaps- but none of the US guys at 55 or 66 are medal favorites.

The last elite wrestler frayer wrestled in the past 4 years is lopez(world bronze medalist 2011), and he got beat 3-0 5-0, metcalf has the ability to beat guys like lopez frayer clearly doesn't, i'd wait until after the world cup to decide see how frayer does against the top internationals before cementing his place, otherwise the US will be looking at an early round exit instead of a potential medal. I think it becomes too much emphasis on who wins at home tournaments rather than who wins internationally like with iran lashgari, alireza goudarzi and mostafa jokar do well in iran but struggle internationally where mirzaei and amini can win internationally but have lapses from time to time in national competitions.