Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Affliction To Counter-Program UFC 100

Default Re: Affliction To Counter-Program UFC 100

I dont ever rip on affliction. I gave my honest assessments of the cards just like I do with the ufc cards. They have had some solid main events as well as some other big names on the cards but outside of the main event there have been no great matchups in terms of ranked fighters. Claudale refuses to give ufc cards any credit and hypes non ufc cards beyond reason even when he only knows the guys in the main event.

Claudale already admitted that he barely follows mma anymore and outside of the big names he probably doesnt know anyone. I am not sure how he is even qualified at this point to make judgments on the cards.

Also Cl dont act like you werent deeply impacted by Dana. Most of the time you come across as a spurned lover. How many times now have you told us how at first you liked him and were duped into believing his stories of the ufc being in debt and needing the support of the hardcore fan? You probably put your heart and soul into watching ufc events, buy the clothing and memorabilia, buying the dvds, and telling all three of your friends about how great dana and the sport was. Once you realized you got played you have changed your tune but the bitterness still shines through.

"Maybe Overeem. I'd like to see it. dont think Overeem would pass a piss test though."
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. He was ENORMOUS when he beat down Cro-Cop.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

well, it looks like we got our mod back, and with a vengence.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by gjfovf View Post
    "Maybe Overeem. I'd like to see it. dont think Overeem would pass a piss test though."
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. He was ENORMOUS when he beat down Cro-Cop.
    exactly, Cro Cop would have smashed Overeem pre buffness, but now its easy to see why CC got his ball kneed up into his stomach

www.euromitsu.com

PJ hates Affliction the way I hate the UFC. Never bought MMA apparel.

I watched too much MMA years ago - I imagine your peak of interest is in the past too. Applies to pretty much every sport - some I never watch now.

When the UFC only had cards every few months, it was something you really looked forward to. I can't get as excited when cards are every 2 weeks. I also liked it better when it was less popular - was more personal and less expensive.

LOL - I felt like he betrayed his initial fans, but I was sceptical about the whole losing money thing a long time ago because they were selling out arenas (usually 4x payroll right there) and then getting millions more in PPVs and were selling videos. I think I was the first Dana critic, other fans really took every word of his as fact and it took a while before others turned on him (as fighters vented and people were wondering why payrolls weren't increasing like sales were)

Although I largely despise Dana, I think he is doing the Fertittas bidding. People in his situation are usually generous, while in my experience, people from the Fertittas background usually aren't.

Affliction needs to focus on aesthetics; while the UFC and Strikeforce shows have vibrant colors, the Affliction shows look like they were made for the color blind. Black, while, red and shades of gray.
    Last edited by p-jersey; 03-25-2009 at 11:40 AM.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Well at least you admit you hate the ufc. previously you were claiming that you hate the management but that was pretty transparent as you dont even watch the biggest fights of the year.

I love good mma and if affliction can step their game up and deliver i will be there watching. I will admit though that i am partial to ufc. They do a great job of marketing and hyping fights and they also have good production value, and of course the quality of fighters is pretty high.

You dont have to explain to us for the 500th time why you got turned off on the ufc. Lets just leave it at you once being danas biggest fan but once you got burned you are not his number one hater.

If there was a fight every week I would watch it, the only problem is that the ppvs are pretty expensive and i watch by myself so when they have a couple in a month its tough on the wallet.

WTF??? Claudale, I dont mean to be outta line but that post reeks of bi-polarism.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    WTF??? Claudale, I dont mean to be outta line but that post reeks of bi-polarism.
    Maybe the old ball coach was on to something when he suspected of being cap. Both have trouble keeping their stories in order from one day to the next.