Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FILA Juniors Discussion

Default Re: FILA Juniors Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Campo wins it 1-0, 2-1. All pushouts. He didn't even try to complete a takedown. Bull rushed at the beginning of the match for a pushout. In the second period he got a headlock and drove the dude straight out. Then just got an angle when the other dude was shooting and kind of side-stepped and pushed the guy out. That is not what I call wrestling. I don't think the pushout rule was made for these reasons. It just looked like a sumo match between guys who aren't fat.
    Thats called smart wrestling. Thats how you win in freestyle, those are the rules. I think your issue should be more with freestyle rules than Camp.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    More importantly... I don't think the Caldwell Tsirtsis beat is the same one that won an NCAA title in 2009
    Ding ding ding. Tsirtsis had a nice tournament and lost to a stud who has been training freestyle all year.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Thats called smart wrestling. Thats how you win in freestyle, those are the rules. I think your issue should be more with freestyle rules than Camp.
    That's true. He played by the rules and used them to his advantage. It just isn't exciting to watch or very impressive, IMO. I don't think it proves who is the better wrestler. I guess it read like I was putting down Camp but I was really just frustrated at the rules, I guess. I'm hoping this isn't what we see in the OTT or the Olympics. I like to see guys actually trying to perform wrestling moves not bullfighter moves or shoving matches.

Kinda disappointed in Phillips results. Massa looked good . Actually , Tshirt gave Dustin his closest match.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

mitch Sliga having a good tournament as is Luke sheridan .Sliga a JR. at fishers HS In. and Sheridan a freshman from IU.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Finals Results:
    50 kilos: Adrian Cordova (Westside) dec. Antonio Juarez (Unattached), 1-0, 1-1
    55 kilos: Joey Dance (Virginia Elite) dec. Conor Youtsey (Michigan WC), 3-0, 5-0
    60 kilos: Mark Grey (Blair Academy) dec. Cody Brewer (Oklahoma Elite), 5-3, 3-1
    63 kilos: Steven Rodrigues (Illini WC) dec. Jameson Oster (Wildcat WC), 2-2, 1-1
    66 kilos: Destin McCauley (Sunkist Kids) pinned Hunter Stieber (Ohio RTC), 1:25
    70 kilos: Justin Deangelis (Oklahoma Elite) dec. Brad Dolezal (Minnesota Storm), 0-2, 3-0, 2-0
    74 kilos: Nazar Kulchytskyy (World Class Wrestling) dec. Nick Moore (Hawkeye WC), 1-0, 1-0
    79 kilos: Tyler Wilps (Pittsburgh WC) dec. Frank Cousins (Badger WC), 1-0,1-0
    84 kilos: Pat Downey (Team OTC) dec. Logan Storley (Minnesota Storm), 1-0, 0-2, 3-2
    96 kilos: Andrew Campolattano (Ohio RTC) dec. Scott Schiller (Minnesota Storm) 1-0, 2-1
    120 kilos: Austin Marsden (Gator/Cowboy WC) dec. Daniel Miller (Navy Mat Club), 0-1, 1-1, 4-1

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Kinda disappointed in Phillips results. Massa looked good . Actually , Tshirt gave Dustin his closest match.
    I didn't get to see any of Phillips' matches but the results were disappointing. And that Tshirt vs McCauley match would have turned out differently if they went to a third. McCauley was so gassed that was stopping the match and asking his corner to throw the challenge brick just to get a breather. But before he got gassed, he looked like a man teaching a boy.

I was just looking all of the results and noticed that Isaac Jordan finished third with a pin in the finals. Yet I can't find a single video of him anywhere on themat or youtube. I also noticed that the kid who beat the hell out of my nephew is wrestling greco 55kg. Garth Yenter is the name and I guess I will root for him, he seemed like a nice kid.

The vids will be up, but they taped 4 mats all day. It takes probably a long time to get all those up. Sifting through them will be the challenge as they're not really organized.