Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 32

Thread: All-Excitement Team

  1. #10

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    who thy gonna send if not Masoumi?

    I think Yazdani, eiither saitiev, Little Goudarzi, burroughs will all be good to watch.... like to see Taghavi and batirov finals too

  2. #11

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    When will Russian announce their team? I assume they have a Russian nationals in an Olympic year, when is it?
    Tony Rotundo, Sports Photographer
    WrestlersAreWarriors.com | Facebook: Tony C. Rotundo

  3. #12

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    who thy gonna send if not Masoumi?
    Hadi or Azarshakib.
    looks like Khadem believes Hadi has more potential. but since he lost in Astana (even though he lost to the great Taymazov) Azarshakib will wrestle in 1st World Qual tournament. which means has has more chance now.

  4. #13

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    there nationals are at the end of may

  5. #14

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Hadi or Azarshakib.
    looks like Khadem believes Hadi has more potential. but since he lost in Astana (even though he lost to the great Taymazov) Azarshakib will wrestle in 1st World Qual tournament. which means has has more chance now.
    I'm very dissapointed for mirzaei, if khadem sends lashgari or azarshakib iran might as well not send anyone at those weights, neither of those two stand a chance of medalling in internationals, Amini has a much better chance than lashgari of medalling, lashgari makes the easiest of matches look difficult and hadi is a better international wrestler than azarshakib who i don't think i've ever seen attack the leg, which is a sin in iran.
    Russia are sending Gatsalov, mavlet and adam satiev to the olympic trials in belgrade.
    Last edited by gbdaz; 04-13-2012 at 08:12 PM.

  6. #15

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I know all about Adam. I'd heard that he was possibly trying to make a comeback at 74, just wanted to verify.
    He will wrestle at 74 next weekend at the European Olympic qualifiacation in Sofia. (The other one fro Russia - Gadisov at 96.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Rotundo View Post
    When will Russian announce their team? I assume they have a Russian nationals in an Olympic year, when is it?
    End of May

  7. #16

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    He will wrestle at 74 next weekend at the European Olympic qualifiacation in Sofia. (The other one fro Russia - Gadisov at 96.)


    End of May
    We'll probably see Gayzumov/Gadisov at the qualifier then.
    how many qualify per weight at the European one?

  8. #17

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    I'm very dissapointed for mirzaei, if khadem sends lashgari or azarshakib iran might as well not send anyone at those weights, neither of those two stand a chance of medalling in internationals, Amini has a much better chance than lashgari of medalling, lashgari makes the easiest of matches look difficult and hadi is a better international wrestler than azarshakib who i don't think i've ever seen attack the leg, which is a sin in iran.
    Russia are sending Gatsalov, mavlet and adam satiev to the olympic trials in belgrade.
    100% agree about Azarshakib but Lashgari isn't that bad ! I agree he makes the easiest of matches look difficult but on other hand he can beat the bests of the world.
    Mirzaei lost to Jokar in Takhti Cup, Khadem didn't invite Jokar too, and also A. Goudarzi. but Amini is still in his team.

    Personally I prefer Mirzaei (with Lashgari and Amini after him) but this is Khadem's choice, I don't like Khadem as a person but he is smart and he was successful in every arena that he entered.

  9. #18

    Default Re: All-Excitement Team

    Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    We'll probably see Gayzumov/Gadisov at the qualifier then.
    how many qualify per weight at the European one?
    Like at the other continental qualifying tourneys - the finalists.

    Gazyumov will not participate in Sofia. Another Ossetian will represent Aze there - Alborov.

    ____
    I think Lashagari is the favorite of the federation or at least of Khadem and some other important people there.

    Lash seems to have some psycho problems.
    * In the interviews he gave after beating (pinning) Sokhiev in the finals of the qualifying tourney, he said he beat him for the second time. In an interview published on the federation site, you can see this statement even in the title!!
    احسان لشگري: بايد به فكر ميدان*هاي بزرگ باشيم
    The match in the recent finals was actually his first and last match vs. Sokhiev. Obviously, he lied. But why did the federation publish the interview under this title?!
    * On both his personal and fan page in facebook, Lash uploaded a picture of him and Sokhiev showing the referee rising his arm after the win. There weren't any Iranian journalists at the tourney at all, and there isn't any single photo from that tourney. What Lash has uploaded is a photoshop production. ))) Professionally made. One may not realize it's not a real photo. Check it! In this picture, Lash's image (an that of the referee) is from a photo from the 2012 Asian championships in Korea; Sokhiev's image is from a photo from the 2010 worlds (vs. Ganev). Notice, the picture isn't a joke, it's a place where he proudly gets the congratulations of fans and friends.
    Last edited by akzent; 04-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •