Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 24

Thread: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

  1. #10
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    A couple of interesting notes about the results also.

    No perfect picks on Places for any weight class. However, there were 4 perfect picks on AA's (ie...Bonus Points of 16)

    1st occurrence was at 157 with WhippetGrappler and JRO scoring 16 Bonus Points.

    2nd occurrence was at 174 with yakrider and amlan74 scoring 16 bonus Points.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

  2. #11

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Great job WhippetGrappler! I like the idea of picking every match. The problem with this concept was that you had no way of easily tracking where you were compared to everyone else. It was fun though. Thanks, DC

  3. #12

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Whippet--I told my wife that I came in 2nd and she told me to ask you what I win as runner-up. She's not into virtual awards!

  4. #13
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Whippet--I told my wife that I came in 2nd and she told me to ask you what I win as runner-up. She's not into virtual awards!
    Bragging rights that you beat a Buckeye Fan!!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

  5. #14

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    2nd occurrence was at 174 with yakrider and amlan74 scoring 16 bonus Points.
    I coulda swore I was perfect for AAs at 174. I had Ruth, Amuch, Perry, Storely, Lofthouse DeRoches Heflin and Blanton. Wrong order, but I think I had them all. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I wrote down on my brackets at home.

  6. #15
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I coulda swore I was perfect for AAs at 174. I had Ruth, Amuch, Perry, Storely, Lofthouse DeRoches Heflin and Blanton. Wrong order, but I think I had them all. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I wrote down on my brackets at home.
    Yes Quinn you did. My bad. A misspelling kept it from scoring the perfect Bonus at 174. Add 2 points to your score. Still 3rd at 348.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

  7. #16

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    I hope it was Amuch I spelled wrong because the others were pretty easy.

  8. #17

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Bragging rights that you beat a Buckeye Fan!!
    That's good enough for me. Don't know if it'll impress the wife, though. You guys I'm sure aren't in the same situation as me. But believe-it-or-not my wife isn't as much of a fan as I am!! In fact she's grateful that I can communicate with you guys so she doesn't have to listen to it so much. Probably no one here can relate. She's a great wife otherwise, though.

  9. #18
    NCAA Champ WhippetGrappler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Moved to Suffolk, VA
    Posts
    1,281

    Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

    Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    That's good enough for me. Don't know if it'll impress the wife, though. You guys I'm sure aren't in the same situation as me. But believe-it-or-not my wife isn't as much of a fan as I am!! In fact she's grateful that I can communicate with you guys so she doesn't have to listen to it so much. Probably no one here can relate. She's a great wife otherwise, though.
    I can totally relate. You do not know how much flack I took running this contest. She was all for me when I was a coach. Not so much now.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •