Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

Default Re: Official 3rd Annual NCAA Pickem Results

A couple of interesting notes about the results also.

No perfect picks on Places for any weight class. However, there were 4 perfect picks on AA's (ie...Bonus Points of 16)

1st occurrence was at 157 with WhippetGrappler and JRO scoring 16 Bonus Points.

2nd occurrence was at 174 with yakrider and amlan74 scoring 16 bonus Points.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Great job WhippetGrappler! I like the idea of picking every match. The problem with this concept was that you had no way of easily tracking where you were compared to everyone else. It was fun though. Thanks, DC

Whippet--I told my wife that I came in 2nd and she told me to ask you what I win as runner-up. She's not into virtual awards!

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    Whippet--I told my wife that I came in 2nd and she told me to ask you what I win as runner-up. She's not into virtual awards!
    Bragging rights that you beat a Buckeye Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    2nd occurrence was at 174 with yakrider and amlan74 scoring 16 bonus Points.
    I coulda swore I was perfect for AAs at 174. I had Ruth, Amuch, Perry, Storely, Lofthouse DeRoches Heflin and Blanton. Wrong order, but I think I had them all. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I wrote down on my brackets at home.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I coulda swore I was perfect for AAs at 174. I had Ruth, Amuch, Perry, Storely, Lofthouse DeRoches Heflin and Blanton. Wrong order, but I think I had them all. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I wrote down on my brackets at home.
    Yes Quinn you did. My bad. A misspelling kept it from scoring the perfect Bonus at 174. Add 2 points to your score. Still 3rd at 348.

I hope it was Amuch I spelled wrong because the others were pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Bragging rights that you beat a Buckeye Fan!!
    That's good enough for me. Don't know if it'll impress the wife, though. You guys I'm sure aren't in the same situation as me. But believe-it-or-not my wife isn't as much of a fan as I am!! In fact she's grateful that I can communicate with you guys so she doesn't have to listen to it so much. Probably no one here can relate. She's a great wife otherwise, though.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    That's good enough for me. Don't know if it'll impress the wife, though. You guys I'm sure aren't in the same situation as me. But believe-it-or-not my wife isn't as much of a fan as I am!! In fact she's grateful that I can communicate with you guys so she doesn't have to listen to it so much. Probably no one here can relate. She's a great wife otherwise, though.
    I can totally relate. You do not know how much flack I took running this contest. She was all for me when I was a coach. Not so much now.