Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: P-Jerseys politically incorrect black and mexican joke thread.

Default Re: P-Jerseys politically incorrect black and mexican joke thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    I read some of the links that Ban Basketball posted on the other thread, and the racist jokes were blatantly hateful and hurtful. They were nothing like the Irish jokes that we've seen here. As I said in one of my posts, most of the Irish jokes feature the irony, wit and sarcasm in which the Irish take pride. Don't paint all ethnic humor with one broad brush as P-Jersey is doing here.
    Paint in one broad brush? There havent even been any jokes submitted yet on this thread. Perhaps you have only said and heard hateful and hurtful mexican and black jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    That would be your opinion of whether I was clever or not. Obviously you have no idea of what my intent was. I was not trying to be clever but I do have some clever mexican jokes.
    My interpretation of your intent was that you wanted to demonstrate that some people (like me) who are okay with Irish jokes will object to Mexican and black jokes and are therefore hypocrites. If I'm wrong and gave you too much credit for that ploy, and you just wanted to start another ethnic joke thread for the entertainment value, then I apologize for reading too much into it.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Paint in one broad brush? There havent even been any jokes submitted yet on this thread. Perhaps you have only said and heard hateful and hurtful mexican and black jokes.
    Again, sorry if I misjudged your intent and gave you too much credit.

P-Jersey,

It's not my desire to get into an argument with you here. The issue isn't about whether racism should or shouldn't be tolerated. It's about where the line is drawn between good natured humor and hurtful racist jokes. I don't think that the Irish jokes on the other thread cross that line, and apparently neither do most of our members of Irish descent. Ban Basketball does, though, and maybe you do, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    My interpretation of your intent was that you wanted to demonstrate that some people (like me) who are okay with Irish jokes will object to Mexican and black jokes and are therefore hypocrites. If I'm wrong and gave you too much credit for that ploy, and you just wanted to start another ethnic joke thread for the entertainment value, then I apologize for reading too much into it.
    I dont think someone is a hypocrite as the irish jokes tend to be more light hearted. Although I see everyone ripping on ban basketball for taking offense. At what point do you draw the line in the irish thread? I know peoples argument to ban was that they were irish or had irish friends etc. If people start using the more hateful jokes that ban posted does it then cross the line and the thread gets closed?

I know a lot of lighthearted and funny black and mexican jokes that I have said to and heard from black and mexican people. So of course this thread could go in that direction and it could be funny or it could get nasty and then the thread could be closed.

One point that could be taken isnt that you or anyone else is a hypocite or racist but that bb isnt being some baby about taking offense.

I dont think someone is a hypocrite as the irish jokes tend to be more light hearted. Although I see everyone ripping on ban basketball for taking offense. At what point do you draw the line in the irish thread? I know peoples argument to ban was that they were irish or had irish friends etc. If people start using the more hateful jokes that ban posted does it then cross the line and the thread gets closed?

I know a lot of lighthearted and funny black and mexican jokes that I have said to and heard from black and mexican people. So of course this thread could go in that direction and it could be funny or it could get nasty and then the thread could be closed.
    See, we actually agree on the subject. If you read my posts on the other thread, however, you will see that I didn't "rip into," Ban, but just gave my opinion of his reaction. If he had expressed his feelings in a less confrontational way (not overreacted - sorry), he would have made his point and given less ammunition to his opponents.

Yea i didnt even read that much of the thread except for a few jokes which I laughed at. I did see the same thread on themat last year where Ban went off and received a lot of crap. His presentation may not always be the best but he isnt that far off base with his point.

this is why I asked about ground rules, I had some jokes that I was gonna throw out there, but after reading this I dont wanna cause I know someone may get offended and start up with the croc tears about racism or racist jokes.

in any event, post some of your jokes PJers.
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Olympic Champ

If you think they might be perceived as racist, then they probably will be. It's not all that tough to distinguish between light humor and bigoted jokes.