Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Asgarov vs Kudukhov

Default Re: Asgarov vs Kudukhov

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Who do you think that will be?
    I think Gadisov or Yazdani will. If the former wins the weight then he is easily in discussion for being the best p4p, considering his draw at nationals and here (taking on nearly the entire lot of the top 10 in the toughest weight). Gogschelidze also has a shot; getting to the finals shouldn't be overly difficult and from there he's just one win from gold. I don't see Gazyumov doing it and I don't see Varner winning even if he gets to the final.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    That was an ass kicking my friends.

Asgarov knocks off former p4p. Is he the new P4p number 1? Very possibly. Burroughs in the mix with him. They are the clear 1,2 in whatever order you decide.
    Top 10 pound for pound will be an interesting thread to do after things wind up tomorrow. At a glance I'd agree with Burroughs and Asgarov as the top 2 in the wake of what we've seen so far.

Despite the fact that he drives arm spin so crazy, if Taghavi wins 66 tomorrow for the third time in four years its going to be hard to deny him a spot just behind the two of them.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I was planning to do a top 10 after the Olympics. Burroughs is a clear #1 IMO with Kudukhov going down. Asgarov and Taymazov would probably be next on my list. Sharifov needs to be up there to, he is a 2x champ and I believe he had an undefeated season. Sharifov is this cycle's Ramazan Shahin; able to pull wins out of his butt when he looks like he's going down. Haven't watched many 84 kg matches yer bu tfrmo the sound of things, blood bath!

And Taghavi- no medal. Lost on clinches, did he?
    Last edited by arm-spin; 08-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.

I didn't see the match, definite possibility.

As far as ten guys...Burroughs, Asgarov, Taymazov, Yonemitsu, Otarsultanov, and Sharifov all have to be there right now given their previous accomplishments and their Gold Medals this week. Got to have Kudukhov there despite the loss. That leaves three spots that I'd have to think about

As much as I love Varner and as happy as I am to see him win it this year, I don't know if I put him in the Top 10 p4p.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post

As much as I love Varner and as happy as I am to see him win it this year, I don't know if I put him in the Top 10 p4p.
    He needs to string together multiple trips to the podium to enter that discussion. Though he has gone Bronze, Gold the last two. I think He needs more to enter that discussion as well.

Tsargush might belong in one of the last 3 spots. Right?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

That final three in my mind you'd probably have to pull from the following group of guys.

Varner, Tsargush, Yang, Lebedev (even though he didn't make the team this year), Yazdani, Gadisov, Goudarzi, maybe some others.

I don't know enough about the non-World/Olympics results for most of these guys to go past the obvious #1 and #2 right now.