Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor/Grajales in the room..

Default Re: Taylor/Grajales in the room..

I hear EG may change his schedule to show up at the same tournament as DT this match needs to happen before DT Hides behind his red shirt.
    Why would the greatest wrestler not in Florida Red shirt anyway ???

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    I hear EG may change his schedule to show up at the same tournament as DT this match needs to happen before DT Hides behind his red shirt.
    Why would the greatest wrestler not in Florida Red shirt anyway ???
    Plenty of top notch wrestler redshirts. Metcalf redshirted. Sanderson redshirted. Askren redshirted. There are many more great wrestlers who have redshirted--in fact most of them do. If you are serious about winning a bunch of titles, it gives you a chance to be your very best for your 4 years of competition.

In addition to that, David Taylor just hit puberty this year. Last year, he wrestled 112 with a squeeky voice. This year, he wrestled 135 with a more mature voice. His dad is very big, and David has just started growing a lot. He has said that after his redshirt, he plans on wrestling 165 or 174.

There is also the fact that at Iowa State they are completely loaded at any weight pertaining to David Taylor. With the fact that Taylor is growing and has stated that his plan is to hit 165 or 174 in college that is not an ideal situation. Where exactly does anyone see Tayor fitting in in ISU lineup, ISU will have redshirt seniors at 133, 141, 149, 157, and 174 with Reader at 165 in Gallick, Fanthorpe, Mueller, Sanderson, and Burk. Would it really be advantageous to ISU to sit a redshirt senior Mueller, really the only possibility of beating anyone out as a true frosh imo, instead of Taylor taking a year to adjust to college, grow physically, and work out all day everyday with some of wrestling's best. Mueller is certainly not the caliber of wrestler Taylor is, but as a redshirt senior he will be a national qualifier with a decent shot at a low AA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Shirtaugh View Post
    I wonder if they got to wrestle eachother at all in preperation for the Dapper Dan? I am from Ohio, but if you watch both of these kids wrestle there is no disputing Taylor's technical superiority over Grajales. Granted, Grajales is probably a lot stronger, but so was Palmer. If you watch Grajales wrestle he muscles through many of his moves. I think Taylor will be the much better college wrestler..
    Grajales Pinned Dane Johnson ( 1 3xPA State Champion) at the Dapper Dan. The match wasn't even close. I'm a PA wrestling coach, and I'm a firm believer that PA wrestling is tops in comparison to other states...but Graj made Dane look like a punk.

He is going to have one hell of a career, and only wish he were going to Lockhaven, Lehigh, or PSU...

Welcome to TWT!

Quote Originally Posted by Divided42 View Post
    There is also the fact that at Iowa State they are completely loaded at any weight pertaining to David Taylor. With the fact that Taylor is growing and has stated that his plan is to hit 165 or 174 in college that is not an ideal situation. Where exactly does anyone see Tayor fitting in in ISU lineup, ISU will have redshirt seniors at 133, 141, 149, 157, and 174 with Reader at 165 in Gallick, Fanthorpe, Mueller, Sanderson, and Burk. Would it really be advantageous to ISU to sit a redshirt senior Mueller, really the only possibility of beating anyone out as a true frosh imo, instead of Taylor taking a year to adjust to college, grow physically, and work out all day everyday with some of wrestling's best. Mueller is certainly not the caliber of wrestler Taylor is, but as a redshirt senior he will be a national qualifier with a decent shot at a low AA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcat View Post
    Grajales Pinned Dane Johnson ( 1 3xPA State Champion) at the Dapper Dan. The match wasn't even close. I'm a PA wrestling coach, and I'm a firm believer that PA wrestling is tops in comparison to other states...but Graj made Dane look like a punk.

He is going to have one hell of a career, and only wish he were going to Lockhaven, Lehigh, or PSU...

Thank you Schlottke...

I was feeling lonely after Varsity States and Pa Junior States are now over...all I have now is Hockey and MMA to look forward to.

Why is the Grajales-Dane Johnson result a big deal? Big enough to be used as evidence of Grajales being superior to David Taylor?

I don't think so.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Are you really asking that question? Lets see here,,,Grajales pins a 3x PA state champ in about the same time it took David to pin a no timer. By the way, I really dont know who is better but after watching both of those matches the competition that Grajales wrestled was far superior and he made the kid(ranked 4th in the country at 140) look like he was a jv wrestler. He actually yawned during the match. Remeber grajales is a 135lber not a 140. My guess is the Grajales/Taylor match will happen somewhere down the road. Also, didn't Grajales already stomp Collin Palmer? I think he did. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I think he did. Just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, I am always right! Dr.Bigg

You consider how fast pins were accomplished to be definitive evidence? LOL.

Dane Johnson was beaten by a couple of the local boys (Cleveland area) this year including once by pin. My question still stands. Why is beating him some kind of evidence of dominance?

Anyone?
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.