Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Upset of the Year?

Default Re: Upset of the Year?

I actually think Colon can beat Carter again though as I also believe that Stieber can beat Russell again. I don't think Cooper can ever beat Rey again. He caught Rey in a reverse/roll situation for backs did he not and kind of sat on that for the 3rd period?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Its gotta be Oliver over Stieber

I have to go with Ramos over Oliver. I really didn't think Oliver was going to lose again in his college career

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I have to go with Ramos over Oliver. I really didn't think Oliver was going to lose again in his college career
    Its been said many times about many great wrestlers. It is just rare.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Goettl over Maple

For me personally I was most shocked by Stieber over Russell, especially with the score 6-5: 1) anyone scoring 6 points on Russell is pretty amazing, not to mention a true FR; 2) Stieber had already had a couple of bad losses prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomWright25 View Post
    For me personally I was most shocked by Stieber over Russell, especially with the score 6-5: 1) anyone scoring 6 points on Russell is pretty amazing, not to mention a true FR; 2) Stieber had already had a couple of bad losses prior to that.
    Didn't you just make the case for that being a shocking upset? I'm confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by buford View Post
    Goettl over Maple
    This might have to be it. As great as Maple was all year and as mediocre as goettl is, its really thr most astounding. Stieber and Delgado are really really good, just young.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think Carter getting moped by Colon is odd but not a huge upset seeing as he's never AA'd especially when we've got three defending national champs who have been upset. Of those three as shaky as 133 is I've got to say I was most surprised that Ramos pulled the upset over Oliver, I was actually MOST surprised that Oliver had the mental lapse to give him the point on the caution. Russell losing is a big upset considering it was to a true freshman but I feel like just about every Russell match I've actually sat and watched has been a one pointer he could have lost, McD I thought was a big upset but Delgado has had an amazing year and has backed that win up with some others...

Snackem he was talking about steiber beating russell being the biggest, and that the other steiber, logan's loss wasn't that shocking since he'd been beaten pretty good a few times in his career.