Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent wins/losses raise questions

Default Re: Recent wins/losses raise questions

I'm not a Parks fan, but I'll take anyone to beat Molinaro.

Quote Originally Posted by buckvader View Post
    Hahaha great sig Vais!

After watching Parks vs Ness yesterday. I think that Parks IS the guy at 149. Parks proved to me that he can do amazing things when he has to. Plus his gas tank is better than I thought. I use to loathe Parks, now.....I like him.
    Lots of people hated Jamal. Part of what drew me to him. Didnt feel he earned such a bad rap.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Did people really "hate" him?

He's never really been a big enough name in my mind for him to really be hated.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I never though he could score in double figures against a quality opponent . the guy has a helluva bridge !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Does ANYONE coach the tilt Oliver uses ? Can anyone else do it ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Did people really "hate" him?

He's never really been a big enough name in my mind for him to really be hated.
    Well buckvader just said he loathed him, so yeah. No hes not a big name, which made the amount of crap he endured seem even more inappropriate.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think Jamal had things held against him that weren't really his fault. Like being the 2 seed at a weight that was pretty up in the air. He just happened to win at the right time, over the right guys when everyone else lost. Then when he didn't place, well he is overrated was the thinking.

Having fans of his school be hugely frustrated by him probably didn't help.

And on that note, I said that he would not have won that match the last 3 years. He is much more mentally tough this season I think. He is wrestling well.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    AA's for Iowa..hmm..25,33,41,57,65,74,84 and 285 CAN. Take two off of that and I'll say 6.
    ALlow me to tell you the two who will miss: 57 and 285.

Derek St. John looked much better last weekend, but not AA quality I don't think. Don't know if he can get back to that level by Big 10s or NCAA's. Telford just doesn't look the same. Not sure what happened.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

157 at the NCAA tourney would have been super interesting with St John and Dietchler healthy. Maybe the second or third most interesting weight for me to watch (I can't wait for uber-chaos at 184).