Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: National Duals Piscataway Regional Results/Discussion

Default Re: National Duals Piscataway Regional Results/Discussion

It's not a RIDICULOUS statement per se. Schiller is 20-4 with better performances against like opponents I believe. He got tech'd by Simaz, Yohn was getting tech'd then got Stuck. Yohn beat McIntosh by 1 at the buzzer. Schiller hung a nice 11-6 defeat on McIntosh. He has more bonus points per match than Yohn as well. I was saying it tongue in cheek but now that you come back with the comment that it's ridiculous I kind of feel like I have to back up my statement and why I would even propose such a statement. Is it LIKELY, no. Is it a ridiculous statement, no, I don't think so. in your defense Yohn is the Senior and owns the head to head against Schiller 2-0.

BTW, Intermat has S. Yohn at #6 and B Haynes at #7.
    Last edited by goferphan; 02-12-2012 at 08:49 AM.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Quote Originally Posted by goferphan View Post
    You can add Storley and Schiller to that mix. The way S. Yohn is going I'm not sure it shouldn't be this year.
    Wow, quite a turnaround. I remember after Schiller's good showing at the Scuffle the question was raised about whether 197 was a settled issue for Minn and the question was laughable at the time.

Note: I hadn't read Jensen's and gofer's exchange when I posted this. I guess it's still laughable for some.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Did I say that I expected them to win the tournament?
    Nope. Nor did i insinuate you did. Just a little trolling on a saturday night.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Alright Captain Pussy Pants, I'll take the Gophers against the 24 team field.
    And i get the field, because youre a complete homer/sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    And i get the field, because youre a complete homer/sucker.
    Because a sig bet is such a life changing gamble. I'm a fan, you bet. I like the way they are wrestling. There is a good chance the final happens in Minnesota. It's possible Zilverburg is in the regular starting line-up by then and that the seeds may go #1 Okie State, #2 MN, #3 Iowa and #4 Cornell. I like MN in that Iowa rematch as I dont see Yohn getting stuck and I don't see our 157 getting majored again. I do see us winning one of the first three matches, 149, and 174-HWT.

I think we still will have our hands full with Ok State. But yes, I'll take that sig bet.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Because a sig bet is such a life changing gamble. I'm a fan, you bet. I like the way they are wrestling. There is a good chance the final happens in Minnesota. It's possible Zilverburg is in the regular starting line-up by then and that the seeds may go #1 Okie State, #2 MN, #3 Iowa and #4 Cornell. I like MN in that Iowa rematch as I dont see Yohn getting stuck and I don't see our 157 getting majored again. I do see us winning one of the first three matches, 149, and 174-HWT.

I think we still will have our hands full with Ok State. But yes, I'll take that sig bet.
    Herkey hasnt been the same since Gold rocked his world. Dont underestimate the power of sig bets. The gophers are wrestling great no doubt, just dont see them winning it all.

We shall see young Patawan. You have much to learn about the ways of the force and the power of the Gopher.

Don't be surprised if Illinois beats Cornell Mr. Gopher. I think Illinois wins: 25,33,49,74, and maybe 285 and 65. Cornell is a sneaky dual team however, so one never knows.

Good point. It would be strange if all three teams the Gophs had lost to were there.