Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14212223242526 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Default Re: What are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    You will love JJ. He's completely old school. The only problem you may find is that the young kids in the crowd have no respect for anyone else. I'm glad I was just up the hill in a bar parking lot with as good of a seat and cheaper beer.
    Jamey Johnson show was Friday, and it was great; he played for over 2 hours! However, sort of like you said though, it got a bit "rained on," due to the intermediate biker wannabes who, once they had too many beers, thought they were REAL bikers and made for a crappy crowd to be around. BY "intermediate" I mean the ones who aren't lawyers by week and bikers by weekend, and not the 1% ers, but the ones who toe the line between the two. A couple of them needed good shot to the noggin, but, being I was only there with my wife and outnumbered, I didn't have the balls to do it alone.

Anyway, great music but a crappy crowd.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Jamey Johnson show was Friday, and it was great; he played for over 2 hours! However, sort of like you said though, it got a bit "rained on," due to the intermediate biker wannabes who, once they had too many beers, thought they were REAL bikers and made for a crappy crowd to be around. BY "intermediate" I mean the ones who aren't lawyers by week and bikers by weekend, and not the 1% ers, but the ones who toe the line between the two. A couple of them needed good shot to the noggin, but, being I was only there with my wife and outnumbered, I didn't have the balls to do it alone.

Anyway, great music but a crappy crowd.
    Yeah. I was afraid of that. Glad you enjoyed the show though. He really seems to put it all out there when he's on stage. I like him a lot.

For those who love The Pogues and Shane MacGowanhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-saY704o4o

Just found out about this band by accident. They have been around for years and have a cult like following. Ban, you will probably like them. Southern rock/country. If you like this song, hop around and check out others. They are a great story telling band. They're called Drive By Truckers.

Yes, I've known about Drive By Truckers for a few years now. They have all of the ingredients of a band that I usually like, but, for some reason, they never quite hit with me. I guess that I always found their songs to sound too much the same, but that's probably oversimplistic.

I usually don't like southern rock unless it has a pretty hard edge (Skynyrd, for example) but I saw these guys on Palladia the other day and they're pretty damn good. This song is not one of their balls-out songs but it's fairly representative. I'm thinking Quinn and Ban have both been exposed to the band, wonder what you guys think? Vais lives in a state that pretends it's southern, maybe he's heard of them too?

Just found the full concert:

I liked them well, Flop. Thanks for the tip.

Given that I couldn't stand the crowd at the Jamey Johnson show that I spoke of above, I doubt that I'd be going to any of their shows anytime soon, as the crowds would likely be two peas in a pod, but am going to check into one of the cd's.

Believe it or not Flop, I heard about Blackberry Smoke on That Metal Show a few years ago. I really do like them.

Last edited by ban basketball; 08-04-2013 at 11:38 AM.