Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Default Re: What are you listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    What's up Quinn? Check page 3 of this thread where I link to Tosin Abasi and Animals as Leaders. Amazing guitarist. Meshuggah is brutal, that is a great concert. I haven't seen Meshugg yet, will do soon.
    Now that I look at that post again, I remember it. I had never heard of him or the band at the time. They have a unique phenomenon at a metal concert. Most of the fans are quiet and just seem to stare in awe of the performance. At first I thought people didn't like them, but that is not the case. The guitar is just that good. Meshuggah on the other hand is nuts!! The concert was in a small venue called Bogarts and they put on a full scale concert. There are several videos on youtube from the show 2-21-13 Bogarts Cincinnati. I was suprised at the stage show for such a small place.

Might as well leave the most current Meshuggah video here just to close the loop. Pretty freaky video.

The last summer before I met my wife. My roomate's dad owned a bar within walking distance and he bartended while I drank. This song closed out every night.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Very nice. I know you didn't link to Neil Young, but it's impossible for me to see CSN and not think of the Y. I finished a great biography of Neil Young when I was visiting my sister in November in Summerlin (suburb of Vegas). It was one of those books that took me forever to read, I kept putting it down and picking it up again, but when I finally had a chance to read every day I realized what a great book it was. Anyway, here is the link to the book and I'll post a vid of Neil Young as well.

Shakey: Neil Young's Biography: Jimmy McDonough: 9780679750963: Amazon.com: Books
    Yes, but CSNY were initially CSN, and two of their first four albums (their classics) are CSN. Y did come along "later."
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Yes, but CSNY were initially CSN, and two of their first four albums (their classics) are CSN. Y did come along "later."
    Don't disagree, but in my mind the two geniuses were the S and the Y. Y to the greatest extent, but that's just my opinion. I'm about to order the Stephen Stills box set, I finally decided to after reading an interview with Stills in the most recent Guitar magazine.

CSN without the Y is still a great band, no question.
    Last edited by Flop The Nuts; 04-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.

This dude is coming to Franklin, Ohio on May 11. I lived there for many years and my kids graduated from there. It's a small redneck town. He is playing outdoors in the back of a bowling alley. You can pay $30 to be inside the fence and pay $4 a beer. Or pay nothing for the ticket and $2 a beer and sit in the back of a pickup at the bar next door. You can still see and hear the concert and you're actually closer than most venues. Guess which one I'm doing.

God bless you, my man.

Last edited by ban basketball; 06-04-2013 at 09:20 PM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Dropping two new Alice in Chains vids on you. Their lyrics aren't as disturbing since Layne OD'd, but still sludgy and thick guitar. Good shiite.

Can't believe Jerry cut his hair though, damn.

Any and all Slayer, just because I loathe WBC something fierce.