Page 1 of 27 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Default What are you listening to?

Didn't want to screw up KR's thread, so I figured I'd start my own. What music are you listening to? One song per post, and link to the song if possible.

I don't usually listen to this type of music, but Radiohead is brilliant. This song, "The Daily Mail" might be one of my top 10 songs of all time. When the song transitions from solo piano to band accompaniment it is f'ing transcendent. If you're not a Radiohead fan then you might not "get" it, but this band has grown on me in a big way over the last 10 years.

Last edited by Flop The Nuts; 12-09-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Default Re: What are you listening to?

O.K., I went to the site you provided and listened to the number. I'll be honest, it was good enough to get me to listen to more of their work (please remember, I am a classical music fan). But more important, on the same site was a spoof of Adolf Hitler throwing a tantrum about Radiohead not performing when/where he wanted. That was absolutely classic. Flop - thank you for the introduction to Radiohead - but more importantly, thank you for a moment of trancendental humor!

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

paranoid android is an all time fave of mine
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Just finished reading the Sammy Hagar book. Already had an earlier Chickenfoot CD. My dad told me at my nephew's wrestling tournament that they had a new single out. Dad is a big Hagar fan. So, I just got home and looked it up. Pretty good if you ask me.

CHICKENFOOT "Big Foot" (HD Official Video) from "III" THE NEW ALBUM OUT NOW! - YouTube

Quinn, TSO at the Xcel. Really.

Beethoven's 5th. Dee dee dee dummmmm.
    Last edited by pm01; 12-04-2011 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    O.K., I went to the site you provided and listened to the number. I'll be honest, it was good enough to get me to listen to more of their work (please remember, I am a classical music fan). But more important, on the same site was a spoof of Adolf Hitler throwing a tantrum about Radiohead not performing when/where he wanted. That was absolutely classic. Flop - thank you for the introduction to Radiohead - but more importantly, thank you for a moment of trancendental humor!
    Are you a Degas fan or just into Ballerinas?

Flop, I remember you saying you had also read the Dave Mustaine book. Well, I just got done watching That Metal Show and he was on. Megadeth has a new album out called Th1rt3en. Here is the title track. It's the only one I've listened to so far, but the entire album is on there.

Megadeth - 13 - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Are you a Degas fan or just into Ballerinas?
    Yes. But if you look closely, you will notice that the ballerina is a greyhound. I have a small collection of "art works" with the characters replaced by greyhounds. I will post some of the others, too.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by M Richardson View Post
    Yes. But if you look closely, you will notice that the ballerina is a greyhound. I have a small collection of "art works" with the characters replaced by greyhounds. I will post some of the others, too.
    Any of 'em playing poker?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.