Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Upcoming fight card rumors- UPDATED

Default re: Upcoming fight card rumors- UPDATED

I has hoping to see Cain Valasquez fight Shane Carwin, that would be a good fight.

The head coach where I assist wrestled with Carwin at Western State and has said that Shane was one of the meanest people he ever met. I guess he ripped an earring out of a guys ear for no reason at all.

PJers, have you heard anything about Maia v. Marquadt at UFC 99? one of your homies at sherdog is talking it up as he allegedly heard it from sources in the industry

and if they fight, which way do you go?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

www.euromitsu.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    PJers, have you heard anything about Maia v. Marquadt at UFC 99? one of your homies at sherdog is talking it up as he allegedly heard it from sources in the industry

and if they fight, which way do you go?
    I did not see the thread until after my practice this morning. Next time I see my one guy I will ask him. He is one of nates main training partners so I can usually get some scoop.

Would be a great fight. Nate is the superior striker and wrestler but Maia obvously has the edge on the ground. Marquardt is a blackbelt himself so I think he could survive on the ground but he certainly wont want to be there at least not on bottom.

The boys were talking about Carwin this morning and saying he is ready. Said he has been training with 4 or 5 blackbelts and no one can keep him on the ground or submit him. Also he has been working with James McSweeney a very good kickboxer who has been preparing him for the kicks, his other main training partner is a golden gloves champion who should make waves in the heavyweight division in a year or so.

let us know what you find out.

Im looking forward to the gonzaga/carwin fight, we'll see if gonzaga has matured a little bit and if he can withstand some heavy hits, same for carwin, as gonzaga has some mean kicks ( see cro cops head and randys broken hand) and world class BJJ

www.euromitsu.com

UFC 98 tickets go on sale thursday for fight club members the probably on Sunday for the public.

www.euromitsu.com

updated. UFC 99 will still be a nice card but I am a little disappointed that silva vs. Franklin is the main event. Penn pushing back the fight with florian hurt this card.

you better stay on top of updating or Snakerattle is gonna come in here and show you whats up

www.euromitsu.com

I just read over at PJersdog... I mean sherdog, that Mir hurt his back and wont be able to fight Brock in May. and here I was looking forward to attending that fight.

www.euromitsu.com

I just saw that too. I also was comtemplating going out for that event.

This is probably good for Brock as it gives him even more time to develop his skills.

I wonder if they will make huges/serra the main event or look to add another big fight. Unfortunatley there are not many options as GSP and Evans will fight in July, Silva is fight in April, and Penn is fighting in August.