Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sanchez v Stevenson

Default Re: Sanchez v Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    LOL - appears you were right after all.
    So are you watching tomorrow Claudale? Or is this free card not good enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    So are you watching tomorrow Claudale? Or is this free card not good enough for you?
    I will watch tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first Saturday off in weeks (duals just ended) and I think their tournament on Sunday will be easy (an invitational). I admit I am not into MMA as much as I used to be

I certainly hope you know you are putting words in my mouth (I wonder sometimes).

BTW, the "combat sports" response didn't cut it; I like it better than the young guys who claim to have watched the UFC since UFC 1, but wrestling as a kid doesn't make you anything but a post-TUF fan.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

I will watch tomorrow. Tomorrow is the first Saturday off in weeks (duals just ended) and I think their tournament on Sunday will be easy (an invitational). I admit I am not into MMA as much as I used to be

I certainly hope you know you are putting words in my mouth (I wonder sometimes).

BTW, the "combat sports" response didn't cut it; I like it better than the young guys who claim to have watched the UFC since UFC 1, but wrestling as a kid doesn't make you anything but a post-TUF fan.
    Well it would be silly to say I watched since UFC 1 as I was 8 years old. I used to watch all the big boxing matches, as a family friend would always order them. I never understood the deal with people pretending they were a fan longer than they really were.

I have no problem with saying I became a hardcore fan after 2005. It wasnt because of tuf but it definitely happened after tuf started. As I mentioned I was not even able to watch the first tuf.

The first ufc I watched was tank abbott fighting someone in wyoming or colorado at high altitude. I also remember watching smashing machine when that first came out and randomly saw watched ppvs in high school and college (several of Liddells fights). It wasnt until the UFC 50s that I started watching on a regular basis.

Sadly enough my interest in watching wrestling and boxing has waned a bit since I have gotten so into mma. I still love wrestling and love actually competing and coaching it but I have barely followed this current season. Now save for a few boxing fights I dont watch at all.

I'm the opposite, I hadn't been paying attention to wretling so the finals didn't mean that much to me and in recently years, I watch all season and by far, the day of the quarters and semi finals is my favorite day of the year.

The first UFC I attended was UFC 41 and I started watching all of them live (or nearly live) starting with UFC 39. I started following it when Igor Zinoviev was in the main event against Frank Shamrock, since I did judo with him and the dojo had a picture of him with his belt in the front. Also in queens, the gym I used to go to had Marcelo Mello (he was in 1 UFC fight) there and he had bjj classes

You can't be expected to get into it (and pay for a PPV) until you are following the fighters. It's a little surprising it took the UFC as long as it did to do what they did (they actually used to air old fights on Sunshine and Empire on DTV, but few noticed)
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

You told me weeks ago you didn't send PJ text messages, but now you admit you are emailing him. Interesting.

I also expect Diego to win. Almost seems like Stevenson is being used as a stepping stone at this point to give wins to other guys.
    Oh Claudale, where ever did we go wrong with you?? Metsfan would be very disappointed in your detective skills. Seems you take one step forward and 2 steps back. You all have my email address, I've provided it many times. Aoliverbush@yahoo.com. That's no secret. I email several people from this site, including you METALSKI!!!!!!! Now what's the difference when you text, class? Anyone? Anyone? YES, that's right, your phone number is rvealed. Come on Claudale, you have to do significantly better than that if you're going to try and expose me as a liar. At least get an IT team on it. Sheesh...
    Lets go Brent!

Yea nationals are always a great time, I am not going this year but I will be watching on tv.

I would love to get back to new jersey and watch the state tournament but at this point I dont even know any of the wrestlers.

My second year in college was when I stopped wrestling and at that point I had more free time on my hands thast when I started paying attention more to the fights. I started watching fights online and I went to the UFC website and started reading about the fighters. I didnt know about sherdog until a few months later and from there I started learning about a lot of the fighters outside of the UFC. Since then Ive watched hundreds and hundreds of fights online and have been watching all the UFC events since. I had hdnet and showtime last year so I was able to watch all the other organizations fights. Now that strikeforce is going to be shown in showtime and sengoku on hdnet I may need to reinvest in that.

You obviously watch a lot of MMA, you know more up and comers than any of the rest of us here (you research new names the UFC is using)

PA doesn't have a states for kids until you are 10. We went to Lacy instead of the local qualifier (because I told my kids I would take them skiing on Saturday and that's when the qualifiers were having their weigh ins). They have another qualifier next Saturday but I don't think we will do that either (you can go to the regions at that age, but not the states)

Since we wrestle literally half the time in NJ, I am tempted to go to the kids states with them. I know so many of those kids. the boys want to go to, but I don't know if I could deal with sitting on bleechers all day when my kids aren't in it.

Adolf the point of you constantly texting PJ was your interest in him. Emailing him is no different.

Oh Claudale, when will you stop? You're just angry because I stop returning your emails about instructionals on judo techniques. P jersey, (although an annoying little shrimp) asks me occasionally for information on corporate America, (he's a bartender in Denver after graduating from Northwestern and feels he is underachieving). I like to help everyone if I can and thus I have been sending him information on the company as well as the industry. That's much different than texting him every time I have a steak or get some pu$$y, (which is what is being suggested). Truth be told, I don't want the boy to have my phone number or my home address. He seems like a nice enough kid, but he's obviously still very immature and untrustworthy. I regret you having my address as a result of the material I sent you months ago. Lets just keep that private please
    Lets go Brent!

Sounds to me like PJ wants you to take him under his wing and provide a future for him (a la Scarlet Knight)