Thread: 2009 Junior College Wrestling National Championship

Default Re: Junior College Nationals

4 california guys in the finals, this will be interesting.

from what i hear Baez at 125 is out.....

Who ya got ?

My picks:
    ....................1st...............2nd......... ..........3rd
    125lbs- Baez/WCC........ Moreno/ILCC........ Hunter/ICCC

133lbs- Murphy/ICCC..... Brown/NICC ...........Smith/HCC

141lbs- Pisani/ICCC........ Senzee/MCC....... McCoy/ECC

149lbs- Sanjaa/CCC......... Ward/NCC........... Kampen/ICCC

157lbs- Banks/ICCC........... Abdrakmonov/CCC.. ...Rivera/NIACC

165lbs- Lower/ICCC......... Pagnotta/SWOCC ........Woods/MCC

174lbs- Bell/N.idahoCC ..........Miller/CCC......... Hammonds/KKCC

184lbs- Benson/Labette......... Holt/Muskegon....... Kociemba/CCC

197lbs- Freind/MCC.......... Burtchi/N.IdahoCC........ Stogner/ECC

285lbs- Fortune/CCC......... Harris/NWWCC........... Mandzik/ICCC

I concluded some bold picks, especially at 174 and up. Some weightclasses are a toss up. At 174, I think Hammonds gets upset and Bell goes on to win. At 184, Benson is looking good lately for Labette but I think Kociemba is the surprise of that weight class. HWT has the returning champ back but I dont think he has been tested enough. Fortune and Harris have been animals this season. Iowa Centrals Mandzik will surprise, if he can get past Marsh.

If Baez is out at 125lb then it will be interesting to see who steps up between Moreno, Gorton, and Hunter......change my pick to Moreno.

141 does seem to be Senzee's to lose.

I do think Iowa Central should take home the title easily but North Idaho and Clackamas closed the gap closer then I thought from the start of the season.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 02-27-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Added from first post to create a JUCO Thread on Front page

Kind of late to ask, but who's going?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I'm going.

wrestling411 is supposed to be doing a Live show. As of right now I can't find any 1st round results.

Default Re: 2009 Junior College Wrestling National Championship

I think that the Gods are telling me to stay away from this tournament for some reason!

I went every year for four years straight. Two years ago, a huge storm hit that prevented me from traveling to it. Last year, I got sick the day before which prevented me from going. This year, I was 40 miles from Rochester and the stomach pains that I was having became so intense that I turned around and headed back home. Without too many details, let's just say that my car got very used to stopping at every town on the way back home!
    Last edited by ban basketball; 03-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Default Re: 2009 Junior College Wrestling National Championship

Snowed a ton the night before. We got there and had a blast. The audio broadcast is archived. We're at the Northern Sun right now (D2).