Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Dana White Still Wants Fedor

Default Re: Dana White Still Wants Fedor

Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I am not the typical casual fan. Fans like myself and most others who write on message boards are the small minority of mma fans.

Most people ordering the UFC ppvs only watch UFC. A lot of the casual fans I know are exposed to UFC through all the spike unleashed shows they are not scouring the web to watch fights online.
    Are you kidding? The net is awash in MMA!

Just a quick google search shows the following hits:

MMA - about 29,500,000
    UFC - about 28,500,000
    Mixed Martial Arts - about 12,100,000
    Fedor - about 7,230,000
    Lesnar - about 2,040,000
    Dana White -about 743,000

None of those results show all the private board posts, streaming videos, torrent sites or direct download links. The night of Affliction DOR, the live feed i was watching was also being watched by 15 000+ others and that was only THAT feed. There were countless others available privately and even more were available publicly. Trust me, people are paying attention to MMA. It not the underground sport it once was and will only get bigger.

Also, google isn't as all encompassing as many people believe, I would double if not triple all of those numbers for a more accurate view. It's actually pretty difficult these days to surf the webz without being hit by an MMA liver shot or getting caught in an armbar! lol Metaphorically speaking that is.

You aren't (as you said) the typical MMA fan and I'm not the typical web surfer. We'll just have to agree to disagree for the time being and see how the whole thing plays out. Hopefully the guys with the money and the guys wanting the money will come to terms and then everyone wins.

Keep that steam coming off the stack,
    http://www.merryswankster.com/mp3/Wi...e_Number_9.mp3
    Pawly

Pawly, no doubt he is popular but I we follow MMA more than the average UFC fan and can get a distorted view of reality. Especially post TUF fans (like Pete Jersey), they lap up Dana's antics and some (like Pete Jersey) think that Bisping could take out Fedor.

Affliction was poorly advertised by every mma fan who posts on the internet knew about it. Kimbo slice is a better draw than Fedor based on his recent fights.

The UFC cut Cro Cop's contract after his 2nd loss (offering him a lower paying contract that he didn't accept). He had a huge fan base and had a great high light reel.

I think its good that the UFC wants him based on his skill (more than marketability), but Dana's insulted him too many times and that approach hasn't worked. Plus he didn't like their contract terms and is one of the few guys who doesn't have to take what they offer.

If he can stay active outside the UFC, I think he should do it. Chances are he would beat every UFC heavyweight and there are plenty of strong heavies outside the UFC.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

Quote Originally Posted by Pawly View Post
    Are you kidding? The net is awash in MMA!

Just a quick google search shows the following hits:

MMA - about 29,500,000
    UFC - about 28,500,000
    Mixed Martial Arts - about 12,100,000
    Fedor - about 7,230,000
    Lesnar - about 2,040,000
    Dana White -about 743,000

None of those results show all the private board posts, streaming videos, torrent sites or direct download links. The night of Affliction DOR, the live feed i was watching was also being watched by 15 000+ others and that was only THAT feed. There were countless others available privately and even more were available publicly. Trust me, people are paying attention to MMA. It not the underground sport it once was and will only get bigger.

Also, google isn't as all encompassing as many people believe, I would double if not triple all of those numbers for a more accurate view. It's actually pretty difficult these days to surf the webz without being hit by an MMA liver shot or getting caught in an armbar! lol Metaphorically speaking that is.

You aren't (as you said) the typical MMA fan and I'm not the typical web surfer. We'll just have to agree to disagree for the time being and see how the whole thing plays out. Hopefully the guys with the money and the guys wanting the money will come to terms and then everyone wins.

Keep that steam coming off the stack,
    http://www.merryswankster.com/mp3/Wi...e_Number_9.mp3
    Pawly
    I hope so too unfortunately all those google searches are translating into people paying to watch fedor fight. I bet more people know junie browning than fedor which is sad.

Pawly, allow me to be the first to give you a proper welcome. You certainly seem to know a decent amount of MMA and having just owned p jersey with your 5th post, you have to be considered at least above mediocre level on this board.

Watch Claudale closely, he's a sharp dude and occasionally makes sense, but don't buy into his anti UFC propaganda. You'll come to learn the pecking order around here, (Adolf at the top), Dingo Brigade right there next to him, Pimach, Scarlet Knight, gfvov, Dr. White, etc all holding high rank as well. Then we move down a bit and the others battle for remaining above P jersey. The boy has potential, but he's simply too narrow minded, (and new to the sport) to really understand any better at this time.

I look forward to seeing more of your positive and informative posts on here. Also, in the non wrestling section, locate the blog titled Adolf Oliverbush for some fun and entertaining reading. Good day sir. .
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    Pawly, allow me to be the first to give you a proper welcome. You certainly seem to know a decent amount of MMA and having just owned p jersey with your 5th post, you have to be considered at least above mediocre level on this board.

Watch Claudale closely, he's a sharp dude and occasionally makes sense, but don't buy into his anti UFC propaganda. You'll come to learn the pecking order around here, (Adolf at the top), Dingo Brigade right there next to him, Pimach, Scarlet Knight, gfvov, Dr. White, etc all holding high rank as well. Then we move down a bit and the others battle for remaining above P jersey. The boy has potential, but he's simply too narrow minded, (and new to the sport) to really understand any better at this time.

I look forward to seeing more of your positive and informative posts on here. Also, in the non wrestling section, locate the blog titled Adolf Oliverbush for some fun and entertaining reading. Good day sir. .
    Owned pjersey? Werent you the one for the past year saying how affliction did 10k or less ppvs? Somehow pawlys google results have outweighed the actual results?

I am sad that after all I have done for you and claudale in terms of betting advice that you both come on here and try to stain my name.

Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Pawly, no doubt he is popular but I we follow MMA more than the average UFC fan and can get a distorted view of reality. Especially post TUF fans (like Pete Jersey), they lap up Dana's antics and some (like Pete Jersey) think that Bisping could take out Fedor.

Affliction was poorly advertised by every mma fan who posts on the internet knew about it. Kimbo slice is a better draw than Fedor based on his recent fights.

The UFC cut Cro Cop's contract after his 2nd loss (offering him a lower paying contract that he didn't accept). He had a huge fan base and had a great high light reel.

I think its good that the UFC wants him based on his skill (more than marketability), but Dana's insulted him too many times and that approach hasn't worked. Plus he didn't like their contract terms and is one of the few guys who doesn't have to take what they offer.

If he can stay active outside the UFC, I think he should do it. Chances are he would beat every UFC heavyweight and there are plenty of strong heavies outside the UFC.
    Claudale unfortunately I missed the start of TUF as my college channels did not have spike. I have been a combat sports fan my whole life mainly wrestling and boxing growing up, I did not become obsessed with mma till about four years ago. Oddly enough that coincided with the end of my wrestling days. It is crazy though that I have developed such an excellent eye for talent in such a short time and have been able to deliver pinpoint analysis and fight breakdowns. If you had not ran your mouth so much about the old days I would have thought you were a newbie as you are continually off the mark with your fight predictions.

My ability to pick up on things quickly has carried over to my training as many are in shock and awe as p-jersey has been effortlessly tapping purple belts. Dont think this has gone unnoticed as thecobra has offered to fly me out to vegas to help him and his buddy with some of their wrestling and bjj technique as they have some upcoming competition.

Claudale I have not even practiced judo but maybe Ill watch a tape or two and come teach your boys. From the looks of your pics it seems you havent stepped on a mat in awhile so they may need some strong guidance from a still athleticallyfit gifted young man like myself.

LoL, looks like we struck a nerve there PJ. Ha Ha, don't mention it anymore, I will retract the statement as I know that your reputation, (HA!!!) on this board means more to you than life itself.

Onto another topic, I had no idea thecobra is competing again. Excellent. Are you ever going to follow his lead and leave your practice room world title on the shelf and pursue some competitive glory? Hopefully so, we'd love to see you make a splash into the flyweight division, (I think mostly women compete in that weight class).

And BTW, don't let Claudale get under your skin for being a TUF generation fan, everyone has to start somewhere. Last thing, your name was stained when you took that beast home in Las Vegas and tried to charge thecobra a couple of hundred bucks to watch. We tolerate you on here pj, because we don't have CAP to beat up on. Don't think we need you to add a post or two when this place is deserted.
    Lets go Brent!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Oliverbush View Post
    LoL, looks like we struck a nerve there PJ. Ha Ha, don't mention it anymore, I will retract the statement as I know that your reputation, (HA!!!) on this board means more to you than life itself.

Onto another topic, I had no idea thecobra is competing again. Excellent. Are you ever going to follow his lead and leave your practice room world title on the shelf and pursue some competitive glory? Hopefully so, we'd love to see you make a splash into the flyweight division, (I think mostly women compete in that weight class).

And BTW, don't let Claudale get under your skin for being a TUF generation fan, everyone has to start somewhere. Last thing, your name was stained when you took that beast home in Las Vegas and tried to charge thecobra a couple of hundred bucks to watch. We tolerate you on here pj, because we don't have CAP to beat up on. Don't think we need you to add a post or two when this place is deserted.
    Yes that is the word thecobra is looking to get back into the fight game. I had been talking to him about my training and I think it really inspired him to get back into it. He is around 40 but still in relatively decent shape, and I think he wants to add a victory to his resume as no one wants to end there career 0-1. I will do my part to help him out but I hope this isnt shades of Ken Shamrock and Tank Abbott hanging on too long and fighting cans to try to relive their glory days.

As for myself I am taking it one step at a time. I have tournaments lined up for March and April and after I win the April won I will have my flight and entry fee paid to compete in grapplers quest in Vegas which is held in May.

I want to make sure I am fully prepared before I step into the cage. Thecobras fight against Mr. Jackson is proof that even talent will not save you if you are not properly prepared and conditioned.

P-Jersey-what weight class do you compete in or rather will compete in at Grapplers Quest?