Thread: Gain strength without gaining much mass?

Default Gain strength without gaining much mass?

I was wondering what the best way to gain strength w/o gaining much weight. For example, exercises and rep amount. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: Gain strength without gaining much mass?

I recommend checking out grecowrestler's training log of my training log (gjfovf). Greco has a lot of bodyweight plyometric training. I have a lot of kettlebell training.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

i'd stick to body stuff, push ups, sit ups, chin ups etc. or weights that you can do 15 or 20 reps of to keep from gaining much mass. the main key is to eat less!
    but then again, i may be retarded

Bodyweight exercises are a great choice. Also, if you plan working with weights, use 80%+ of your 1RM for 1-5 reps. Don't do anymore than 5 reps.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by the518 View Post
    i'd stick to body stuff, push ups, sit ups, chin ups etc. or weights that you can do 15 or 20 reps of to keep from gaining much mass. the main key is to eat less!
    I agree and disagree. I have made tremendous strength gains w/out "bulking up" using k-bells. Swings and snatches are great ballistic strength/cardio exercises.
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."