So I picked up a versaclimber about a month and a half ago based on a glowing recommendation from my brother, who is a physical therapist. He insisted I look for the commercial model (20 in. step, chain drive) so I braved a drive down to Baltimore just before Irene struck to get one. I hightailed it out of town with the machine in my truck bed and 40 mph winds literally at my back.

After working on that thing 4 or 5 times a week since then, I can honestly say that they are no joke. They definitely live up to the hype. I started out being able to do 5 to 7 minutes before death came. Now, I am up to 25 or 30 mins until I have had enough. Went out for a run the other day and I was unable to wind myself before the legs died. For anyone debating buying one of these due to the cost, if you are the type of person who will commit to it, you will not be sorry. No matter what kind of shape you are in, you will not be able to outgrow this rig.

My question is, do any other posters on here own one or work out on one of these things, and if so, what do you do to change up the workouts? I go forward/reverse grips, intervals (30 sec on, 30 off for 10 mins), vary step heights, vary resistance, etc. I am looking for new ways to torture myself even more.