Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappelle!!

Default Dave Chappelle!!

So my wife and I are in NYC on our 5th anniversary and we bought a 20 dollar ticket for a comedy show. There are like 100 people there or so. We are sitting RIGHT next to the stage and the MC is even including us in the routine. So 3 comedians come out and they're all hilarious. Then the MC introduces DAVE CHAPPELLE! It was crazy! He did an hour set 1 foot from me! Get on my level!!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Dave Chappelle!!

Chappelle is a no talent bum who has made a career by doing NOTHING but playing the race card . He is not original in any way .
    Richard Pryor-is here AAAA
    Murphy is here AAA
    Cosby is here AAA
    Chappelle is here C
    I am very happy you enjoyed the show .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Chappelle is a no talent bum who has made a career by doing NOTHING but playing the race card . He is not original in any way .
    Richard Pryor-is here AAAA
    Murphy is here AAA
    Cosby is here AAA
    Chappelle is here C
    I am very happy you enjoyed the show .
    I respectfully disagree sir. I find Chappelle to be right there with all the guys you mention. In my book, he is a hall of famer.

While I don't see him as a "no talent bum" or unoriginal, I have never found him funny. Somehow his stuff just doesn't click with me. But then, there are an awful lot of comedians that I don't find funny, so maybe it is me.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

How has no one mentioned Carlin? Or are we just talking black comedians?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    How has no one mentioned Carlin? Or are we just talking black comedians?

He's not my all time favorite or anything. I think you guys are slightly missing the point.

Small comedy club, 100 people. American superstar shows up and does an impromptu set. Whether you think he's funny or talentless it was still really crazy for a guy of that caliber to show up there.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I agree that it's way cool to be that up close to a well known comedian, but I'm a first class celebrity hound from way back. I've seen Chappelle's show and stand-up on tv, and I find him very funny. Not equal to Chris Rock or Richard Pryor (if we're only talking black comedians here), but still first class. I respectfully disagree with r.payton, and agree with (another) oldfart. M Richardson: yes, it's you.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I think him showing up at a small club is great . That is y I said i was glad you enjoyed the show and had a good time .Often , a small club will bill someone like Chappelle and some Bulgarian named Chappekke will show up. Glad to see you and your wife had a bonus night .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.