Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 10 to 18 of 40

Thread: Machida #1 contender?

  1. #10

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    I dont think hes #1 contender just yet as I agree with Adolf about Rampage being the first in line, had Rampage been defeated by Wanderlei, it might be a different story.

    I'll be the first to admit that Im not looking like a chipmunk over Machida, but he did impress me with that destruction of T. Silva.

    Is it me or does Machida look like that asian dude from Harold and Kumar?
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  2. #11

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I dont think hes #1 contender just yet as I agree with Adolf about Rampage being the first in line, had Rampage been defeated by Wanderlei, it might be a different story.

    I'll be the first to admit that Im not looking like a chipmunk over Machida, but he did impress me with that destruction of T. Silva.

    Is it me or does Machida look like that asian dude from Harold and Kumar?
    I dont mind if Rampage gets the next title shot. He has earned it if he beats Jardine. At this point both guys are deserving of a shot but since rampage was the former champ he gets it first. Unless of course jardine kicks his legs into submission.

  3. #12

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    I dont mind if Rampage gets the next title shot. He has earned it if he beats Jardine. At this point both guys are deserving of a shot but since rampage was the former champ he gets it first. Unless of course jardine kicks his legs into submission.
    I think he earned it by beating Wanderlei the way he did. Rampage looked vicious in that fight and remembering what Wand did to Jardine, I say that Rampage will likely destroy Jardine. I'd like to see Page and Machida go at it first, but then Rashad will likely have a year layoff before anyone get sto him
    Like Billy Jacks' soul attack, I'm one Injun you wont forget.

    www.euromitsu.com

  4. #13
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Dont be ridiculous claudale. He started training karate at 3 years old so I am sure plenty of people noticed his talent. However he has been receiving hate for awhile and people have refused to recognize his ability as one of the very best in the division.
    Most of the kids who start karate at 3 are wussies. That, by itself, is a negative.

    Who, random Sherdog posters? I always thought he was good and he keeps plowing through quality opponents. I downloaded the fight against Franklin back when it happened. Of course, an effort was made to make it seem like Franklin was jet lagged to make the KO seem like a bit of a fluke at the time.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  5. #14

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I think he earned it by beating Wanderlei the way he did. Rampage looked vicious in that fight and remembering what Wand did to Jardine, I say that Rampage will likely destroy Jardine. I'd like to see Page and Machida go at it first, but then Rashad will likely have a year layoff before anyone get sto him
    I was excited for the March fight between Rampage and Evans. Apparently Evans wasnt ready so he sent his boy into do some scouting for him.

    It was an impressive win for Rampage but Silva looks like a shell of himself the old Wanderlei would have likely destroyed Rampage a third time.

    I too expect Rampage to win against Jardine. I would probably favor him over Evans setting up a title fight with Machida.

  6. #15

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pimach View Post
    I think he earned it by beating Wanderlei the way he did. Rampage looked vicious in that fight and remembering what Wand did to Jardine, I say that Rampage will likely destroy Jardine. I'd like to see Page and Machida go at it first, but then Rashad will likely have a year layoff before anyone get sto him
    I don't think you can make a point about who beat who, if you do0then Jardine knocked out Forrest and Forrest beat Rampage and Wand knocked out Jardine and Rampage knocked out Wand, lets alos not forget about Tito beating Wand and Forrest, drawing with Rashed, yet losing to Liddell who beat Wand and lost to Rashed...I hoep everyone can see my point about pairing the Light HWTS against former fights.

    All in all, everyone has a big loss as of late except Machida. Yes it is hard to argue that Rampage does deserve a title shot basedon better opponents but I think it is more about getting him a title shot before he has to go to court for his road rampage. Machida has faced anyone they put in front of him and sooner or later will get the shot. He just needs to get a bigger fan base. He is the only one that is truly undefeated at this point.

  7. #16

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Most of the kids who start karate at 3 are wussies. That, by itself, is a negative.

    Who, random Sherdog posters? I always thought he was good and he keeps plowing through quality opponents. I downloaded the fight against Franklin back when it happened. Of course, an effort was made to make it seem like Franklin was jet lagged to make the KO seem like a bit of a fluke at the time.
    Well his dad and older brother were world champions so he is not the typical kid training down at the mcdojo.

    I have read several articles by "journalists" ripping on him saying he hasnt faced any competition. Thats the common theme is that people rip on his competition level or they say he is unable to finish anyone.

    I am not saying people didnt think he was good but most people werent considering him one of the top contenders. I even made a few bucks off of pimach for betting against him.

  8. #17
    Olympic Champ clmetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Philthadelphia, South America
    Posts
    2,753

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by p-jersey View Post
    Well his dad and older brother were world champions so he is not the typical kid training down at the mcdojo.

    I have read several articles by "journalists" ripping on him saying he hasnt faced any competition. Thats the common theme is that people rip on his competition level or they say he is unable to finish anyone.

    I am not saying people didnt think he was good but most people werent considering him one of the top contenders. I even made a few bucks off of pimach for betting against him.
    Seemed like you were suggesting I doubted him. I've been intrigued by him as long as I have known of him. I have followed and believed in Franklin for a long time, when MFS was becoming well known, I went to their website to look at their fighters and he was listed when he was undefeated (before fighting in the UFC). I started following him and I was initially under the impression his loss to Machita was a fluke (he commented he wasn't ready, was jet lagged, . . . ) but when I saw it, I thought Machita looked really good.
    "I don?t give a f_ck about money, bro. Believe me when I tell you that." Dana White

  9. #18

    Default Re: Machida #1 contender?

    Quote Originally Posted by clmetal View Post
    Seemed like you were suggesting I doubted him. I've been intrigued by him as long as I have known of him. I have followed and believed in Franklin for a long time, when MFS was becoming well known, I went to their website to look at their fighters and he was listed when he was undefeated (before fighting in the UFC). I started following him and I was initially under the impression his loss to Machita was a fluke (he commented he wasn't ready, was jet lagged, . . . ) but when I saw it, I thought Machita looked really good.
    Well I did tell you that he was not as boring as everyone has made him out to be. I said how the Ortiz fight was little different due to him being nervous and not wanting to get taken down.

    He has now finished Franklin, Silva, Bonnar, and Sokoudjou not a bad list. He has also pounded on several others despite not finishing.

    He doesnt have the flashiest style in the world but its not like he never comes forward to strike. He just picks his spots where he will jump in with punches or knees and then jumps back out. Hes never going to be a brawler but I expect him to finish opponents more frequently in the future.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •