Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to defend if someone is behind you

Default Re: How to defend if someone is behind you

I don't teach the granby roll. I teach the peterson.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I hit one granby in my career , but I was glad I knew it when I needed it .The Peterson series is preferable as you can set it up from myriad positions ; I taught everything I knew to my guys and let them sort it out -wrestling is ALL about autonomy and learning to think for your self . Do you guys teach situational wrestling ? I'd wait until the end of a particularly hard practice-yell partner up-bottom man , you are down 2 with 48 seconds left-win or run . Top man -same thing-you are up 2 with 48 seconds left-win or run .
    This ,IMO, is when muscle memory can decide a match-when you are too tired to think yet KNOW where you are at all times .MAT AWARENESS.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I love doing situations when the kids are tired. My high school coach did it with us and it's great for building conditionning, strategy and mental toughness
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

When you can hit a move perfectly , while exhausted , then you are ready to wrestle 6 minutes .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.