Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is going to underachieve next year?

Default Re: Who is going to underachieve next year?

Quote Originally Posted by TLV View Post
    Dake kind of reminds me of Jaggers; lose during season and get mojo working big time when it counts.
    Jake Rosholt too.
    Last edited by vaisforlovers; 08-21-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Dake may win, but I doubt he'll be the biggest lock.
    That's a fine opinion, but who at his weight class will strike fear into him being a lock come NCAAs? If you require me to say it I will concede that McDonough has the weakest weight class wherein he is the biggest lock, but Dake really isn't too far behind, and Oliver is so insanely good that it doesn't matter who else is at 133, he's going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Jared Rosholt too.
    You mean Jake

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    You mean Jake
    derp...yes.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Logan Steiber will underachieve

I like this topic. It is good to hear predictions for both surpassing and not meeting expectations.

I pick tOSU. I don't mean to insult or say that they won't be good a couple years from now. I just think the end results for the young guys on this team will not match the expectations or hype for many or all of them. Again, I do expect them to be good soon, just not this year.

I would also say Rasing. He's a returning Big Ten Champ but I am not even sure that he will be IA HWT come season end. I don't know if this qualifies since I am not sure what IA fans expect from Rasing coming into this year so I will look forward to feedback there.

I also think the high expectations/predictions for Jon Morrison's performance are inflated. I think there are gas tank issues there and I see that keeping him from putting together a great NCAA tourny run. Maybe he fixes that this year, but my prediction is that he doesn't since I see him as a 133 who wrestles 125 because of some guy named Oliver at 133.

National Finalist FalconWrestlingKY's Avatar

Morrison never struck me as having gas tank issues and I watch all of OSU's home matches. Parks has one and he also won't shoot. Part of the reason Morrison choked was his staph infection right before B12's
    "I looked up at the scoreboard and I was like, I can't do math that fast!" - Ed Ruth

Ed "Baby" Ruth

Nick Amuchastegui is my pick to underachieve. I think he makes the podium, but I don't think that he is in the finals, maybe not even the consi finals. I would second Ed Ruth as well. I think both probably AA but that neither of them will be at the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.