Thread: R.I.P Jacob Schlottke

Default R.I.P Jacob Schlottke

For those of you who did not know Jacob. He is one of the guys responsible for the growth of this site. He convinced Shane to make the move from the free proboards site and web hosted the site.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_18670006

Jacob was a great wrestler and a greater person.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Default Re: R.I.P Jacob Schlottke

This really took the wind out of me. I didn't even know he was ill. I remember him at AV and at UM. My heart goes out to his wife and family and friends. Truly saddening news.

My prayers go out to his family. I will miss his contributions to this community.

I am stunned. I also did not know he was ill. We are all a little richer for having had the association with Jacob, and a little poorer for losing him. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Very sad to hear about the death of this fine young man. Our hearts go out to his family and friends.
    If we don't fight hard enough for the things we stand for, at some point we have to recognize that we don't really stand for them.

~Paul Wellstone~

I went through my again inbox and comments today, a bunch of them were from Schlottke. How strange, and how sad, that he is gone.

Given Schlottle's own religious beliefs, I feel it is appropriate to post a hopeful section of Scripture:

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed? 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: ?Death has been swallowed up in victory.?[h]
    55 ?Where, O death, is your victory?
    Where, O death, is your sting??[i]

I'm stunned by this, too. What horrible news. I had no idea he was ill. I had never met him, but enjoyed his posts, and some back and forth about our former HSs meeting up last year. Was really looking forward to it again, hopefully with the opposite outcome this year. All the best to his family and friends.