Thread: Everyday?

Default Everyday?

Is it bad to do certain exercises every day? Like pushups, pullups, situps, and body weight squats.

Default Re: Everyday?

Your body and muscles need to recover. You can be at risk for overtraining if you constantly are working out already sore muscles. You should have a built in day off regardless, but you should also listen to your body if it's sore, those muscle groups need a break, otherwise they have no time to grow they are just continually being ripped.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

The only exception I might give that rule of thumb is CALF muscles. They only way I got them to grow & get stronger is do exercises on them every day. They are one of the muscles that are working every day anyways (walking & standing).

Exactly, calves really don't get sore the day after you work them out, so yes you could do them every day if you wanted to. Like I said, listen to your body.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I would add that if you are NOT at least a little bit sore the day after you work out then you either need to add more sets/reps or more weight. When your muscles are sore it is because they have torn, and it's when torn muscle fibers heal that they heal stronger. If you never tear those muscles then they never have to heal. Also if you keep tearing your muscle fibers and don't give them time to heal then you won't see the strength gains either.

As others have said there are some heavily used muscle groups that can be worked out daily (to an extent) such as calves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

And once you are sore that is when DIET kicks in so then you need lots of protein to rebuild them AND SLEEP muey importante!
    And not all proteins are created equal...