Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy College Wrestling League

Default Re: Fantasy College Wrestling League

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    1) Having 10 person conferences, depending on how many people come on board. Ideally we would have 4 (10 person) conferences.

At the end of the season while conference tournaments are going you can run a version of the national duals with say the top 3 teams from each conference. Points could relate to their performance in the conference tourney.
    Love it, keep 'em coming.

Will all the "conferences" be separate leagues? Meaning will each conference have only one person with Dustin Schlatter?
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ Kind View Post
    Will all the "conferences" be separate leagues? Meaning will each conference have only one person with Dustin Schlatter?
    No, the way I planned it, and depending upon how many separate conferences there were, we could also generate non-conference play on rounds when people would ordinarily have byes.. etc... then if you're in a tough conference, but win a couple non-conference weeks, you would make it into the playoffs (when the conference tournaments start) as a wild card.

The number of wild card slots will depend upon the number of active players.

For Example: If we have 58 participants, we can run six 10 (one 9) person leagues. Round Robins would be generated among the randomly generated conferences, non-conference weeks, etc. The top 3 teams from each conference (18 in all) would continue to compete for the "GRAND PRIZE". While all of the players would continue to play, the 19-58 place players would be in a consolation round playing for a lesser prize.

We also plan on giving out the different awards (Hodge..etc) to either teams showing the necessary characteristics, or to the owner of the team with that person on it --- haven't decided on this one, help me out.

'nuff rambling for now.

I would recommend 15-20 teams total for one league. It won't be very competitive if its gets deeper than that. You have to realize that if you have a 10th draft pick you are getting a #1 ranked wrestler while someone in say the 40th pick range is getting a 4th ranked guy. It doesn't get any better as the draft continues either.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

Yeah I agree, I think 15 teams, with 12-15 starters for each week, and 5-8 bench guys for a total of 20'ish per team roster. You'd have to start one guy per weight each week, and then have 2-5 other starters that could be from any weight.

Champ on the question that you asked about tournaments, in my opinion I would use the same scoring for any match, dual or tournament. Your guy beats a guy by decision you get three points, majors a guy you get four points, setting of the match in my opinion shouldn't matter, that would only serve to complicate things.

The most important thing if we do this will be as I said finding accurate information on results.

Me and a friend had set up a fantasy wrestling league last year, and it was pretty fun, but taking time to find and type up results was too much for me after a few weeks. I can't find the rules I wrote up but here's the gist.

Team of 20 wrestlers, start 1 at each weight per week, rosters can be changed before each week starts.

You can only wrestle a wrestler at one weight all season (official weight), which is the weight you draft him at. The official weight is the weight he's listed on the school's roster. (If listed at more than one weight, specify which one you're drafting him at.)

You may move a wrestler up or down ONE weight class, but you are penalized one point per week that he is at the wrong weight.

3-6 points per match (dual scoring). 0 points for a loss. We had an averaging system so someone who was 3-0 with three decisions scored more points than a 3-1 wrestler with 3 decisions.

If your guy beat a wrestler ranked in the top 10 of (insert your favorite rankings), he got 1 bonus point. If he beat a top 5 wrestler, 2 bonus points.

I can't think of any more right now
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Sounds like most of us in here talking are about on the same page of how the rules might go. We're working on putting it together.

I've got one going over on theguillotine.com. this year. I'll let you know how it goes. I couldn't post the link as I've only posted here 3 times.

20 wrestlers per team, 10 teams. Every wrestler scores, but the best performance is who counts each week. Duals plus Midlands, Las Vegas, Reno, Scuffle, Conference and NCAA tournies count. Bonus points for beating higher ranked wrestlers.

The draft is Sunday, October 14th at 9am. Check it out.

i couldn't find it tigerfan although i looked.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."