Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy College Wrestling League

Default Re: Fantasy College Wrestling League

I'll have to watch this thread play out and then start deciding on how to take the project. Keep coming up with ideas though- I'd rather incorporate as much of everyone's opinion as I can (without bloating it too much), because it will make everyone enjoy their particular addition that much more.

If someone takes the time to set one of these up, I'd be in without a doubt. I kind of figure the easiest way to score things would be to as has been said go week by week, and just use 3 for a decision win, 4 for a major, 5 for a tech, and 6 for a pin.

The hardest part would be finding reliable results for each guy.

In terms of line ups, I'd prefer you have to draft an actual "team" ie: 125-285 one guy each, and then maybe like Fantasy Football you could one or two "flex" slots where you could stick guys from any weight at. Then bench could be however deep we want to do the draft.

Weekly standing signature bets are a must in head to head competition...that is just not negotiable...

We can pony up a little if Schlottke needs a slush fund or at least pony up some $$$ for a winner at the end of the season...

I like the idea of 13 wrestlers now that I think about it, durability is key.
    One match per week...
    That the DEC, M DEC, TF and PIN decide the scores.
    We mandate some sort of a weekly time to have your team list in by.
    We adopt a "re-draft" January for the holes that develop in some peoples line-ups so that fresh meat can be brought in or if squads are shuffling line-ups. You can only re-draft if your wrestler is no longer in the line-up, not because he sucks and you want to get a new guy.
    Trades??? Not a bad idea but might complicate things a little bit.
    There be some REALLY bad traveling trophy that everyone agrees to keep in play. (Old pair of wrestling shoes or head gear?)
    My wife is going to kill me but thats cool.....she only appreciates me as a sperm donor anyway...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The only money I'd accept is if I won the league.. which I don't see happening..

I also think trades can be run in an open discussion- where a vote is taken to decide if a trade is fair... I will build a "Team List" into everyone's profile so you can see their team (either as part of their postbit, or in their profile page.)

the "view" feature for a team list is a good idea...that way you can look at your opponent like any other good coach would do to decide how you will want to line-up...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Couple things

Tournament scoring: Would it be the same as duals?

Roster size: I think we would need minimum of 15 spots. Having only 3 bench players wouldn't be easy to maintain, we would need at least half as many starting spots as bench spots.

Match limit: Would there be a match limit? For instance if I have both Angel Escobedo and Jayson Ness and I use Ness week 1 and since Ness doesn't wrestle week 2, put in Escobedo. Or did I just show everyone my strategy?

Oh yeah, I'm in if this gets off the ground! I started to play in a league on an Ohio site last year and had a sweet team, but it folded after people knew I'd run away with it. I had Herbert, Nick Simmons, Angel Escobedo, Rivera, Coughlin, Travis Paulson, Dallas Herbst and Bubba Gritter with Andrae Hernandez and Jake Strayer as backups.
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

So far we are looking at:

1) Having 10 person conferences, depending on how many people come on board. Ideally we would have 4 (10 person) conferences.
    2) Weekly head to head matches for sig bets
    3) End of year winner can be determined on how your individual team does at Nationals?
    4) We would draft 15 wrestlers and possibly redraft in January for "open holes", not people that you want to get rid of but rather injuries or guys that are no longer in the starting line-up.
    5) Potentially we could do trades with a committee to look at the fairness of the trade.
    6) Points determined by accumulation of your 10 wrestlers team points

Keep the "rules" coming...

The "Betting" system in our navbar will give us the ability to wager vCash on each head to head match up as well.

1) Having 10 person conferences, depending on how many people come on board. Ideally we would have 4 (10 person) conferences.

At the end of the season while conference tournaments are going you can run a version of the national duals with say the top 3 teams from each conference. Points could relate to their performance in the conference tourney.