Thread: Are rolls effective against the best guys?

Default Are rolls effective against the best guys?

I know the stand up is best but can rolls be effective against the best guys? If so how do you set it up / execute these rolls?

Default Re: Are rolls effective against the best guys?

If you go to the top of the page you will see something you can click on called "videos". It is right in between the "forum" and "blog" buttons. Then just click where it says "bottom" and you will find all kinds of techniques to get up from the bottom, including rolls.

Rolls are best done when they are chained into another move. Rolls create a lot of motion and space, which are things you want to create as the bottom man. A "fatman" roll, or change over as some call it, is good for creating this motion. Another is a granby roll. Find techniques of various types of rolls using videos and learn how you can chain them straight into your stand-up.

Always be careful with rolls, however - one second you might be rolling, and another you're on your back.
    Am I cool now?

Thank you quinn14 but i already know about the video section. My question is can it be done against the best guys and how is it executed / set up against them.

1. dont listen to quinn14 he is obviously a jerk that didnt notice this was the "Technique & Training Questions" section, but ILoveSAT sumed them up pretty well, but i think other than bottom rolls are effective from top position like the mason tilt (you might call it somthing up), the there is also the gator roll from short offense, all of these definatly work aggainst good guys, but some you need to be more careful with than others, like the gator roll i would only advice if you are in trouble, but the mason tilt is pretty much safe no matter what