Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iran 2011 World Team Trials

Default Re: Iran 2011 World Team Trials

Is it just me, or are Lashgari and Mizrae the Shawn Bunch and Jake Herbert of the Iranian wrestling world? Brilliant one day, average the next.

I bet Cael Sanderson is licking his chops right now, as everyone at 84 is looking increasingly beatable.

Any vids?

Really suprised Yazdani lost. What has Mazandarani done before this?

Nothing. And he isn't young. Forum memeber Iranews who attended the trials told me that Yazdani lost because he thought he had won the whole thing after beating Amiri in the semis.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Nothing. And he isn't young. Forum memeber Iranews who attended the trials told me that Yazdani lost because he thought he had won the whole thing after beating Amiri in the semis.
    Well either way I doubt Iran is winning the world champs at 96kg.

both Masoumi and Amini still have a chance for this year ! The federation accepted their excuses and both got invited to the national camp.

my prediction about the world team

55 : Hassan Rahimi
    60 : Mostafa Aghajani
    66 : Mehdi Taghavi
    74 : Sadegh Goudarzi
    84 : Ehsan Amini or Alireza Goudarzi or Jamal Mirzaei
    96 : Reza Yazdani
    120 : Fardin Masoumi or Mohammad Reza Azarshakib

we have no one in 60 kg ! all of them are third rate in world terms ! my pick is Masoud Esmaeilpour (even though he isn't any good) but I think they will send Aghajani to Istanbul !
    Last edited by jimbo; 07-04-2011 at 12:09 PM.

Cael Sanderson looks beatable!

Besides a restaurant, Heydari appears to run a wrestling school in Alborz.
    Together with Talaei? (the guy who wrestled Kolat twice at the 2000 Games ).
    I found pictures of the school on his facebook page:
    Facebook
    Who is the guy (in white) practicing with Heydari?

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Besides a restaurant, Heydari appears to run a wrestling school in Alborz.
    Together with Talaei? (the guy who wrestled Kolat twice at the 2000 Games ).
    I found pictures of the school on his facebook page:
    Facebook
    Who is the guy (in white) practicing with Heydari?
    not a famous guy ! but I can see Mohammad Aslani (world 4th place 2003 NY) and Mohammad Rezaei (AG bronze, 2002) in these pics. simply Heidari and his old friends !

good to see Talaei happy, to me he is the unluckiest wrestler of all time ! always in the toughest part of the draw, always losing by doubtful calls or some unbelievable stupid mistakes.

Why didn't you tell us that beach wrestling has been introduced in Iran!?
    2 days ago the first nationals was held. At the same time the nationals was kind of WTT but the federation made a mistake when converting the date of the worlds from the international calendar into the Persian calendar. They planned the nationals/WTT for July 15, but the worlds in Georgia was scheduled for July 16-17.

It is interesting that the beach nationals was held in Mazandaran together with a championships in Mazanadarani folkstyle Louchu. Obviously, there aren't big differences in the rules. In some reports, the writers even used "beach louchu" instead of "beach wrestling. You can see the Louchu field on the left and the beach wrestling field on the right:

You see also some women in the audience. That must have been the reason why the wrestlers wore uniform (given by the federation) t-shirts.

Abazar Eslami (FS, 96 kg, 2010 military world champ, 2nd at 2011 Takhti) won the HWT title:

The calendar miscalculation stopped him visiting Batumi (a nice subtropical city at the Black Sea coast) and possibly winning the beach worlds there.