Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2128293031

Thread: 2009 Cliff Keen National Duals Results/Discussion (Brackets Posted)

Default Re: 2009 Cliff Keen National Duals Results/Discussion (Brackets Posted)

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    I get what Gold means about the toe stepping now...

During the Cornell/Ohio State match J. Carl wound up writing "PbP or color, pick one" down on a piece of scrap paper after I went a little over the top with trying to do both aspects.

It was well deserved and after that I managed to calm down a little bit. I actually thought the matches that I did with J. Carl were my two best of the weekend and the fact that we (generally) stuck to established roles of pbp and color was a major factor that lead to that fact.
    I only heard you during the Penn State/Boise State match and I thought you did a great job (other than pronoucing Pataky wrong ). Don't know if it's just cause you were excited but you were talking VERY fast, lol, which was quite the contrast to your partner in that one.
    Super 32 Challenge - October 26-27, 2013

"Good things happen when you wrestle for a full seven minutes." -- Jayson Ness, post-finals press conference

I came in predicting that he would lose to Mike Grey against Cornell, he had the points for a major but Grey wound up getting a late escape to only lose by 7. Dominated Josh Baldridge, majored Todd Schavrien, and then won matches over Ness and Hochstrasser.
    I believe he actually beat Taylor Crane for Mizzou, since Schavrien didn't wrestle this weekend. Does anyone know why? Really hurt MU, since Crane gave up bonus points against PSU and tOSU.

I was on the floor much of the tournament and then in the press box for some sessions. I'm also 20-25 pounds lighter than I was and have a buzzed haircut, so I'm looking differently these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    he took a page out of Mark Perry's playbook -- looked like he was blowing kisses to the Iowa fans
    With my anti-Iowa bias, I think that's great when someone who beat a Hawk does it to their fans and obnoxious and poor sportmanship when Perry does it.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    With my anti-Iowa bias, I think that's great when someone who beat a Hawk does it to their fans and obnoxious and poor sportsmanship when Perry does it.
    Did you see that Perry blowing kisses is part of the NCAA winter championships ads? My friend commented on how that was a sweet thing to do. I had to remind her of the circumstances of said kisses.

I did see you (or the person I assumed was you) a few times albeit from a distance, but you looked lets call it "busy" and I figured I'd leave you to that rather than running up and saying "Hi I'm that guy with the website you like to post on!" when you were trying to deal with something else.

I walked around the floor once or twice during the finals looking around for you again figuring that you were done with most of your stuff, but no such luck.
    Yeah I am never really in one certain plance during a tournament I am usually everywhere literally. You should have said hi either way would have been nice to actually meet you.
    Champions are made while no one is watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardust View Post
    he took a page out of Mark Perry's playbook -- looked like he was blowing kisses to the Iowa fans
    I imagine the fact several thousand Iowa fans were lustily booing them kind of helped feed into both Browne and Grey's post match interacting with the Iowa fans.

World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    Question: Why didn't Hammond wrestle against Iowa? He could have made it a 1 point dual.
    Bad knees.

You'll have lots of opportunities to test your Buckeye-Hawkeye predictions this season. Good luck to you.