Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian Nationals

Default Re: Russian Nationals

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post

Head coach Tedeev said that if Makhach Murtazaliev wins the nationals, he will get a chance to challenge Tsargush in a special trial.
    Maxach! lets go murtazaliev, beat out the "golden pylon"!

I'll be cheering hard for Murtazaliev, but has he been in peak form for any matches since the 2008 Russian Nationals? I know he's had some really puzzling results and that he's struggled with injuries, what have been his notable wins over the last three years? I fear the Golden Pylon will continue his dull stranglehold on the 74kg weight division for the foreseeable future.

murtazalievs only good win that ive seen in the last year is his win over 74kg second placer at RUS nats, Valiev, thats it

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Yes. Because unlike other Russian wrestlers at 74 and 120, they haven't lost any international competition for the last 2 or 3 years.
    Plus, Makhov has enormous problems with cutting weight.

Head coach Tedeev said that if Makhach Murtazaliev wins the nationals, he will get a chance to challenge Tsargush in a special trial.
    Okay, thanks. Just wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pointcrossankle View Post
    Maxach! lets go murtazaliev, beat out the "golden pylon"!
    Amen to that! Not a lot of wrestlers have beaten as many top stars at Murtazaliev.

Dunno what's going on with Kudukhov but I think Open Sat has at least an outside shot of beating him.

I think Flo is going to film these. Could someone tell me who to look for besides Kudukhov?

55 kg: Lebedev is the world champ but not particularly exciting. Otarsultranov is world class and a very flashy wrestler.
    60 kg: Open Sat. Probably the world's #2 wrestler this year, also wrestles an exciting style.
    66 kg: Lots of great wrestlers but no real stars.
    74: Murtazaliev as mentioned. Geduev for big throws.
    84: Gadisov (if he makes weight), Urishev and Ktsoev are all world title contenders. Gadisov and Ktsoev are big throwers also. Beware that when they face each other it usually goes down to clinches.
    96: Deepest weight bar none. Gatsalov (aging but still 5x world champ), Muradov (Olympic champ), Ketoev (world champ- and pretty exciting style) as well as Akhmedov and that guy who beat Gatsalov last year (forget name) banging on the door. Not necessarily high scoring mathces but expect a ton of drama.
    120: With Makhov out, Akhmedov is the favorite and has a slick style for a heavyweight. That guy Dlagnev wrestled in the dual meet recently seems to be a pinner.

The guy who beat Gatsalov last year (and won Russian Nationals) was Ibrahim Saidov. 96kg also has Aliev who is quite good so it's insanely stacked! The 20th best guy would likely have finished 2nd at our World Team Trials.

Watch out for valiev at 84 as well current junior world champ looks impressive, i've got.
    55kg lebedev
    60kg kudukhov
    66kg Gogaev(but it wouldn't suprise me if gadhziev or one of the batirov brothers wins it)
    74kg Maxach to win it then beat tsargush in trial match
    84kg Gadisov if on weight
    96kg muradov but i want gatsalov to win
    120kg akhmedov