Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't everyone learn to ride legs?

Default Re: Why doesn't everyone learn to ride legs?

personally i'm a fan of just always cranking on the powerhalf (with a few exceptions) and not the cross body ride but that's just me

teamdoc, what part of Ohio are you in?

I am in the dayton area but willing to travel for good clinics or instruction.

I wish you the best. I will talk with my highschool coaches and ask them if they know of a good leg camp.

The reason I asked is I teach legs to my youth, as I was a legrider. However there is only a select few that we teach until they learn great hips first we do not teach them. Make sure your son knows to as my coach always said "pee on the mat". Once he learns that, just start having him start with a leg in during practice and make sure he keeps tight to the bottom mans hip and let him roll around.

Going back to the original question, some people can't leg ride just because of having short legs.

One of my nephews was very successful without ever putting legs in because his legs were stumps! However, I also have short legs, but could leg ride fairly well, with a bit of an unorthodoxed technique (I put my inside leg in, as opposed to the outside leg).
    Last edited by ban basketball; 01-16-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Leg riding requires a lot of practice and time spent learning how to "feel" out riding. (no innuendo intended)

Leg length isn't very important, one of my coaches is super stumpy and he rode legs in college.

How do you guys set up legs?

i set up my legs by stopping his first move by theigh prying. it's basically off the whistle put ur hands next to his crotch and lean foward. once done he is open for you to slide your legs in

if anyone could send me links to any leg riding vids, i'd truly appreciate it. It's will be my 3rd year wrestling and over this summer I wanna get good at riding legs, my buddy says it's a lot easier to keep control of the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwEGZbRSpV8

won't get much better leg riding then this one. I also posted a Dave Schutz vs Nate Carr freestyle match earleir that ends with a nasty leg ride.