Thread: The wrestling fan's "bucket list".

Default The wrestling fan's "bucket list".

So this weekend I'm headed to a 3 day retreat and one of the guys that I always see there is a big wrestling fan. We always end up talking about wrestling and because we're in the PNW we normally talk about the events that we'd like to see but probably never will because of the travel it would require.

So let me ask the question: What events should a wrestling fan put on their bucket list?

NCAAs?
    National Duals?
    Fargo?
    World/Olympic team trials?
    US Open?
    A State tournament?
    A major HS Dual?
    Any Specific College duals?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Default Re: The wrestling fan's "bucket list".

I've been to the first two, none of the others.

Pennsylvania HS State Wrestling Tournament
    Dapper Dan
    NCAA's
    An Iowa home dual meet vs a hated rival

Well, I have said a million times to my friends and family that I would rather go to the Ohio HS State Tourney over any professional sport. But, since I've been to that every year since 87, here are a few for a bucket list.

NCAA's
    Iowa vs. Oklahoma State (in Hawkeye-Carver Arena)
    Olympics both Greco and Freestyle
    Big 10 Tourney (in Columbus)

About ten years ago, I was lucky enough to win a USA Wrestling auction and got to tour the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs; have dinner with Rulon Gardner, Steve Fraser, Brad Vering and Brandon Slay; and work out with the freestyle team. It was a wrestling groupie (which I am) fantasy come true.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    About ten years ago, I was lucky enough to win a USA Wrestling auction and got to tour the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs; have dinner with Rulon Gardner, Steve Fraser, Brad Vering and Brandon Slay; and work out with the freestyle team. It was a wrestling groupie (which I am) fantasy come true.
    I had a cousin on the Women's Olympic crew team. We got the chance to go down to San Diego and spend a day with her, ride on the boat with the coach during practice, eat dinner with them and then take a tour of facility. I'm not a big crew fan but just to hang out with the athletes and see a training facility of that caliber was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.