Thread: Jack Reacher is Alive!

Default Jack Reacher is Alive!

As I finished Lee Child's 61 hours, I couldn't imagine how Jack Reacher made it out of that situation alive. It was Child's version of the kobayashi maru of Star Trek fame.

But make it he did and Reacher, one of fiction writing's all-time most capable characters, has lived on to continue his remarkable wanderings across the USA. His latest stop, chronicled in the book, "Worth Dying For", comes in an obscure wind-swept corner of Nebraska where once again he helps the locals (at least a few of them) help themselves. But they can't do it without him.

Child provides one great moment of humor and irony when he plots out that three different Vegas criminal figures, part of the delivery "chain", and who have become concerned with the, then, current smuggled shipment, each decides to send "representatives" to Nebraska to exert control.

All of the dots are connected at the end, when it is discovered just exactly what that vicious family, who controls the land and all it's population via it's transportation monopoly, are actually smuggling.

I'm looking forward to the next Reacher adventure.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Default Re: Jack Reacher is Alive!

I"ve read ''Nothing to Lose'' by Childs but found it rather bland . Of course it was the 12th in the series and the story was just dull . The premise behind the character is great !! A man who wears everything he owns on his back as he walks America-that concept of self suffeciency should attract any red blooded person .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I"ve read ''Nothing to Lose'' by Childs but found it rather bland . Of course it was the 12th in the series and the story was just dull . The premise behind the character is great !! A man who wears everything he owns on his back as he walks America-that concept of self suffeciency should attract any red blooded person .
    I've read just about all of them. Read a few more before you write them off.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Will do .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.