Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer

Default Re: Beer

PBR til I die! Suck it yuppies.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Is the game on tv or the radio. I love to watch baseball on TV but there is something about a baseball game on the radio.
    The game is always on the radio. Marty Brennaman and Jeff "the cowboy" Brantley.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    PBR til I die! Suck it yuppies.
    That was my grandpa's beer. We used to drink it in his garage while listening to the ball game. It's actually pretty good for cheap beer, though I prefer Natty when the funds are low.

Was into to the Rogues a while back and have since moved on. If you can get your hands on Ommegang VOS it's a great Belgian style made near Cooperstown, NY.

That or Chimay, a true Belgian but a little pricer than Ommegang.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Another beer to check out if you're ever in the PNW is Seven Brides Brewing I went to school with several of the brewers younger sibilings and one of them was one of our wrestling coaches. Their beers are really good too.

Here's their story:

Seven Brides Brewing is changing that aspect.

Several years ago, three dads and two uncles would gather on a Saturday in one of their garages to master the art of home brew. Before long, the salesman of the group said, ?You know, this is good enough to sell.? So the friends set out to do just that.

The name ?Seven Brides? actually came from the dads? kids. Between the three of them, they have only daughters. With the rising cost of wedding nuptials, the guys decided they needed to sell enough beer to pay for their daughters weddings. Each of the girls has a beer named after her.

With five business partners, each of the guys brings an important element to the company.

Josiah Kelley is president of the company, bringing many talents with him.
    He is a custom fabricator, physical plant engineer,
    and is able to step in wherever needed.
    Josiah and his wife have three of the Seven Brides.

Phill Knoll is the head brewer and chemistry major.
    Phill and his wife have two of the Seven Brides.

Karl Knoll is our assistant brewer and plant manager.

Ken DeSantis is head of accounting, and also
    the vice-president of a local successful landscape company.

Jeff DeSantis is the sales and marketing director, having been in sales for over 16 years.
    Jeff and his wife have the remaining two of the Seven Brides.

Seven Brides prides itself on being a local brewery that uses local products. Seven Brides uses certified Oregon hops, and acquires grain from Vancouver, WA. Yeast is purchased from Odell, Oregon.

The brewery works hard at being environmentally friendly. The cooling water is recycled each time they brew, and the spent grain goes to a local farmer to feed livestock.

As of now, Seven Brides is operating as a production brewery only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

BEERS I grew up with:

Schafer
    is the
    one beer to have
    when you're having more then one...

Ring-a-ding-ding
    do the Stegmeier thing in the summer time!
    It's cold & it's bold
    like the Pocono Springs
    in the summer time...
    SORRY no video found any freakin where

Genny Cream Ale

Lord Chucks!

My all time favorite D U V E L

I still buy Genny when I see it in the cooler. Can't resist a summer 6 pack.

Growing up we used to buy Braumeister. The case was cheaper at $3.00 than Bud and Miller same buzz and not a bad tasting beer. Add a couple of .99 bottles of Apple Wine for the gals and we were set.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post

Growing up we used to buy Braumeister. The case was cheaper at $3.00 than Bud and Miller same buzz and not a bad tasting beer.
    Wait - was the case $3.00 or was the difference $3.00?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Wait - was the case $3.00 or was the difference $3.00?
    lol. I actually think that the Weideman we used to drink couldn't have been much more than 3 bucks a case. Someone at my wifes class reunion busted out some old-school swill a couple of years ago. Anyone remember Little King's? He bought enough for everyone there to have one. Though we all remembered drinking it, none of us wanted to do it again!