Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any vegatarians out there?

Default Re: any vegatarians out there?

Also TOFU is fermented Soybean Curd. Very high in protein. It can be made into many things, tofu burgers for one. I like to marinate it & then put it in stir fry as a meat replacement.

One thing to make sure you get is NON-GMO Soy. All the major producers of Soy are using GMO. Labeling laws are such in that companies are NOT required by law to list GMO ingredients as such. One company that uses EVERYTHING GMO is Frito-Lay. (I would suggest NOT buying anything from them.) Most organic food manufacturers list their ingredients as NON-GMO, (Most organic food manufacturers will never use GMO ingredients or create GMO products). That's one way to know you are dealing with a ethical company in my estimation.

Wow, thanks kr. I am blood type O. I haven't really researched blood type to find a diet. That could be my problem. I just know that in the past couple of years, meat bothers my stomach. I can't really say I eat or cook everything in the healthiest fashion, but I do eat a lot of wild game. Your post will definitely help me. Like I said, I have been off meat for a couple of weeks and my stomach feels better, I just can't seem to get full. Although my wife reminds me every day that I am already "full of it" so I shouldn't need seconds of anything. I will check out that book, thanks again.

You are welcome Quinn.

Also:

1) Stomach bothering you probably means that your stomach is not creating enough acid. Antacids are the worst you you could take in that case. The cure for heartburn as well is ENZYMES not rolaids or Tums. If it bothers you take more enzymes, (unless you have an ulcer, then DO NOT take enzymes.) You also need to cut back on the acid forming foods & try adding alkalizing foods to your diet. The same goes with the water you drink.

2) If you are not FULL that means the food you are eating doesn't have enough nutrition in them. Often nutrient dense foods will help this.

PM me with a food list, (all the foods you eat in the course of a week) & I will give you some tips.

From the website of Dr. Peter D'Adamo, author of Eat Right For Your Blood Type (in small, virtually invisible print):

"The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
    Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician."
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I won't argue the technical points of what is or isn't tofu but as a westerner who routinely shops Asian markets you'll have a mighty wake up call if you buy 'fermented soy' thinking it's regular tofu.*

As most know common tofu comes in various forms of firmness (soft, medium, firm) and it comes in a 'dried' form which is usually dark and has the consistency of a firm cheese but with a stronger yet subtle tofu flavor.*

Fermented soy which obviously goes by different names by Chinese, Koreans, and Vietnamese with similar packaging is a soft, gooey, soybean paste like substance. It has an extremely pungent odor of rotten eggs and in my personal opinion has a flavor that would gag a---well you know the expression.*

I've only witnessed it eaten with a very very small amount on a chop stick mixed with a bite of a pickled vegetable or some other dish. At the dinners I've seen it served at the group (usual only Chinese) laugh about it and only take a few bites.*

If you mistakenly gobble down this product thinking it was just tofu (pretty hard visual thing to do anyway) I think you'd swear off tofu forever and probably joyfully return to eating meat.*

Edit: Not to be mistaken for the type of soy paste used in miso soups. That is delicious, I'm talking about the ultra fermented paste that could be used as a WMD.
    Last edited by pm01; 04-17-2011 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Fermented soy which obviously goes by different names by Chinese, Koreans, and Vietnamese with similar packaging is a soft, gooey, soybean paste like substance. It has an extremely pungent odor of rotten eggs and in my personal opinion has a flavor that would gag a---well you know the expression.*

I've only witnessed it eaten with a very very small amount on a chop stick mixed with a bite of a pickled vegetable or some other dish. At the dinners I've seen it served at the group (usual only Chinese) laugh about it and only take a few bites.*
    So you telling me they take something that smells like rotting egs and mix it with kim shee? What a delightful thought. Excuse me while I go find some "fresh" road kill.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    From the website of Dr. Peter D'Adamo, author of Eat Right For Your Blood Type (in small, virtually invisible print):

"The statements made on our websites have not been evaluated by the FDA (U.S. Food & Drug Administration).
    Our products and services are not intended to diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. If a condition persists, please contact your physician."
    Here is something that was evaluated by the FDA...

Prozac Side Effects | Drugs.com

Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Prozac:
    Abnormal dreams; anxiety; decreased sexual desire or ability; diarrhea; dizziness; drowsiness; dry mouth; flu-like symptoms (eg, fever, chills, muscle aches); flushing; increased sweating; loss of appetite; nausea; nervousness; runny nose; sore throat; stomach upset; trouble sleeping; weakness; yawning.
    Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur when using Prozac:
    Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue; unusual hoarseness); bizarre behavior; black or bloody stools; chest pain; confusion; decreased concentration; decreased coordination; exaggerated reflexes; excessive sweating; fainting; fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat; hallucinations; increased hunger, thirst, or urination; joint or wrist aches or pain; memory loss; new or worsening agitation, panic attacks, aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility, exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still; persistent or severe ringing in the ears;persistent, painful erection; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; seizures; severe or persistent anxiety, trouble sleeping, or weakness; severe or persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or headache; significant weight loss; stomach pain; suicidal thoughts or attempts; tremor; unusual bruising or bleeding; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; unusual swelling; unusual weakness; vision changes; worsening of depression.
    ALSO

Several cases of unexpected death occurring shortly after initiation of fluoxetine therapy have been reported in elderly patients with multiple medical problems.
    If you or I made a supplement that did 1/10th of that, it would never reach the market or we would be sued very shortly after-wards. In most cases the FDA are NOT the consumers friend. They are the rubber stamp of the Pharmaceutical industry. While there is often FINE PRINT THIS is OMITTED PRINT. No where is this on the labels of drugs. Jus sayin...

When using any drug, the benefits must outweigh the risks. The fact that potentially dangerous drugs are on the market does not negate the value of the FDA in assessing how safe or dangerous a drug is and WHETHER OR NOT IT DOES WHAT IS IS PURPORTED TO DO.

I didn't make my post to imply that Dr. D'Adamo's treatments are dangerous, only that their efficacy hasn't been demonstrated to the satisfaction of the FDA, and probably not to the satisfation of any recognized mainstream scientific healthcare organization.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Well that is where we are different. 99% of the FDA evaluations I wouldn't listen to. In fact I would do the opposite of wherever it is they say. As I said, they don't have the citizen's best interests at heart only Big Pharma's. Same to be said about the USDA & their food groups & the FTC.

For example, how can Kellog's be allowed to put an advertisement on TV promoting that SUGAR POPS, FRUIT LOOPS & APPLE JACKS provide CHILDREN with all FIBER & WHOLE GRAIN GOODNESS. Straight up propaganda. I just saw this ad on NBC during the Celebrity Apprentice. I wanna BARF. With stuff like that how anyone can take ANYTHING the government says or does or promotes seriously?

OR if you want to consider this: A few months ago the FDA starting closing down companies that were manufacturing & providing Liquid Vitamin C to MDs to give to their patients to fight disease in the form of IV drips. This is not "Standard of Care" but I KNOW for a FACT that I am here & better because of that INEXPENSIVE treatment. My hair did not fall out & my immune system did not crash while getting radiation as I was doing 75 grams of Intravenous Vitamin C 1-2xs per week. In the meantime the FDA are also closing down Medical Clinics for giving that treatment in Vegas, a treatment that is helping to save people's lives. The FDA bascially are lying whores.

That book I suggested has truth in it. If you study it & apply it you will find a reasonable amount of workability. Ultimately that is all that matters.