Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 NCAA Wrestling Tournament - Championship Brackets, Seeds, Results, Discussion

Default Re: 2011 NCAA Wrestling Tournament - Championship Brackets, Seeds, Results, Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Gold View Post
    OSU could have two, CSU I don't think qualified anyone, and OU might be able to sneak Schuth in. Best case scenario for that group is 3.

Virginia Tech could have Garnett, Carter, Stephens, and/or Dong. So will be a pretty close call.

Perhaps a better question:

Who will have the most AA's: The Ohioans wrestling for Virginia Tech, or all native Virginians combined?
    We the know the number of former VA Tech wrestlers now at other schools who will AA, will be DOWN statistically this year....

Default Re: 2011 NCAA Wrestling Tournament - Championship Brackets, Seeds, Results, Discussion

The NCAA announced the 50 at-large selections for the 2011 NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships.

The wrestlers listed in alphabetical order by weight class join the 280 student-athletes that qualified automatically through the conference and regional qualifying tournaments over the past two weekends. It should be noted that there were originally 282 allocations provided to the qualifying tournaments on February 23, however, two allocations reverted back to the at-large pool. The at-large selections were made by the NCAA Division I Wrestling Committee using the following selection criteria without priority order: head-to-head competition, qualifying event placement, quality wins, results against common opponents, winning percentage, rating percentage index, coaches ranking and number of matches contested at that weight class.

125:
    Tyler Iwamura Cal State Bakersfield)
    Joseph Langel Rutgers
    Jonathon Morrison Oklahoma State
    Brad Pataky Penn State
    Trent Sprenkle North Dakota State

133:
    Casey Cruz Northern Colorado
    Kevin Smith Buffalo
    Joseph Spisak Virginia
    Jordan Thome Army

141:
    Christopher Diaz Virginia Tech
    Christopher Drouin Iowa State
    Michael Mangrum Oregon State
    Trevor Melde Rutgers
    Vicente Varela Hofstra Colonial

149:
    Kyle Bradley Missouri
    Donnie Corby Central Michigan
    Torsten Gillespie Edinboro
    Matt Lester Oklahoma
    Joey Metzler Old Dominion Colonial
    Brian Stephens Virginia Tech

157:
    Matt Cathell Kent St.
    Jackson Morse Illinois
    Chase Nelson Oklahoma
    Donnie Tasser Pittsburgh

165:
    Bekzod Abdurakhmonov Clarion
    Joe Booth Drexel Colonial
    Ryan DesRoches Cal Poly
    Brandon Hatchett Lehigh
    Justin Kerber Cornell
    Thomas Scotton North Carolina
    Ross Tice Kent St.

174:
    Scott Giffin Pennsylvania
    Ryan McGarity Binghamton Colonial
    Rob Morrison Rider Colonial
    Jacob Swartz Boise St.

184:
    Brice Arand Oregon St.
    A.J. Kissel Purdue
    Mike Larson Missouri
    Nathan Schiedel Binghamton Colonial
    Kirk Smith Boise St.

197:
    Anthony Biondo Michigan
    Nikolas Brown Chattanooga Southern
    Peter Capone Ohio St.
    Matt Casperson Boise St.
    Ryan Smith Cal Poly

285:
    Ricky Alcala Indiana
    John Danilkowicz Virginia
    David Marone Virginia Tech
    Blake Rosholt Oklahoma St.
    David Wade Eastern Michigan

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/coll...tml#post394325

Live video link, and results/discussion for Session 1.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/coll...iscussion.html

Session 3 discussion available here.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Unfortunately nobody cares about that question. Including the native Ohioans who fled the state quicker than Charlie Sheen from a detox facility.
    No one cares? Really? There are threads after the tournament every year about what state had the most native AAs.

Either way, I'll take my chances with the Ohio schools. Especially after the way VaTech crapped the bed, yesterday.

Heck of a match by Marion! Great demonstration of wrestling to the final whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    No one cares? Really? There are threads after the tournament every year about what state had the most native AAs.

Either way, I'll take my chances with the Ohio schools. Especially after the way VaTech crapped the bed, yesterday.
    Its an inside joke between gold and i. Calm down.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Its an inside joke between gold and i. Calm down.
    Make a point to direct the comment at Gold then..... Is therick a mind reader? 99.9% of people who read your post didn't see it as an inside joke.