Thread: Intermat rankings posted - 3/8/2011

Default Re: Intermat rankings posted - 3/8/2011

My only question is why they have Henrich still ranked above Letts at 174. Everything else appears fine though.
    Am I cool now?

Holy crap - only one senior is ranked at 184, and that's Kirk Smith. That's amazing, especially for an upper weight...

Quote Originally Posted by IloveSATS View Post
    My only question is why they have Henrich still ranked above Letts at 174. Everything else appears fine though.
    Because Letts has 6 losses (including one to Chris) while Henrich has 2. I don't think you can drop Henrich down too far after only one loss since he's been so solid the rest of the year, being the returning 3rd place finisher at NCAAs doesn't hurt. You also cannot put Letts too high up since he has dropped matches to Caldwell, Patrovich, Reader, Amuchastegui, Lofthouse and Henrich.

I suppose it is true that Henrich is 1-1 with Letts this season...I still think Letts should be ranked above but regardless, that makes sense.
    Am I cool now?

I'm not too surprised to see Wade drop to #10 after his disappointing showing at the Big 10's, even though he has the following record against these ranked guys: #6 1-0, #7 1-0, #8 1-1, #9 1-1. Since his losses were at the end they probably weighted those more. But I don't find it consistent that they only ranked Wright at #12, despite beating #4 and #8 this past weekend. Something doesn't seem consistent in that. Wright lost to #2 Hamlin by 1 point at the end of the bout earlier this season. I think he deserves a higher rating than #12, despite his mid-season slump.