Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
Results 109 to 117 of 122

Thread: So is McD the 1 seed?

  1. #109
    World Champ ODH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Explain tome how the hell Boris gets the #3 seed over Kennedy? His Med FFT @ CKI? Boris is 27-1 but you mean to tell me that he is better then a a 18-2 Kennedy but not better then a 34-4 Thorn?

    I like Boris & he only lost to Russell by 1 point but so did Alton 2x who seeded 6th.

    Kennedy lost by fall early to Russell & then only by 2 in SV his only losses. JK had 2 wins over Alton & a win over Montell. Thorn is 0-3 vs Russell & 1-1 vs Marion.

    I bet that if Kennedy had gotten the 3rd seed that he would have finished 2nd @ the B10s with the same record he has now & gotten the 2nd seed. And then Thorn with the same record gets the 4th seed?

    Boris is a an undefeated WAC team crashing a SEC party. Boris had a 1 point win over Nauman & two 2 pt wins over Jones. Alton beat Nauman by 4.

    The upper bracket should have been Russell, Marion & Alton & the lower have Kennedy & Thorn. Then throw Boris in the lower bracket.

    Same thing at 125. They put McD & Precin in the same side.

    Bottom line I just think not having a B10 rep skewed the seedings a bit. I also think that if the BB can do 16 seeds so can the NCAA for wrestling.
    To counter your argument, Molinaro got a gift to get seeded over LeValley.

  2. #110
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    See my list above.

  3. #111
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    To counter your argument, Molinaro got a gift to get seeded over LeValley.
    I don't know what argument you are countering but I said b4 if Dake won that he should have gotten the 2 seed. Levalley lost to Mason as did Molinaro did. Levalley & Molinaro are on the same side so even if Levalley had a good argument to be #2 they would still be on the same side.

  4. #112

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    I think we all agree on one thing. The top three guys at this weight class stand out far above anyone else, without question. yes even the undefeated Nicholson who was ranked #7 and lost to Quiroga first round last year and finished with a DNP. It sucks to see Mc D and Precin both on the same side and knowing that Robles has a very good chance of making the finals without wrestling both Mc D or Precin this year. I watched the wrestlebacks two years ago at St Louis were Precin controlled Robles. I hope Mc D gets his hands on a tape of that match.
    Last edited by iowahawkfan; 03-11-2011 at 06:09 PM.

  5. #113

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Explain tome how the hell Boris gets the #3 seed over Kennedy?
    1. Fewer losses.
    2. Won his conference.
    3. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Vegas
    4. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Midlands
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

  6. #114

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    1. Fewer losses.
    2. Won his conference.
    3. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Vegas
    4. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Midlands
    Yea but other than that...
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #115
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    1. Fewer losses.
    2. Won his conference.
    3. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Vegas
    4. Placed ahead of Kennedy at Midlands
    If Boris had wrestled in the B10 that wouldn't be the case. BUT based on that criteria, then he should have gotten the 2 seed. And then you have an argument for Thorn being 4 & Kennedy 3 as the 2 never met this year.

  8. #116

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    If Boris had wrestled in the B10 that wouldn't be the case. BUT based on that criteria, then he should have gotten the 2 seed. And then you have an argument for Thorn being 4 & Kennedy 3 as the 2 never met this year.
    I think the seeding committee should treat each wrestler as though they wrestled in the big 10.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  9. #117

    Default Re: So is McD the 1 seed?

    Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    And then you have an argument for Thorn being 4 & Kennedy 3 as the 2 never met this year.
    I can't tell if you're even being serious with this...

    I personally would have had no issue with Boris as the #2.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

    "If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •