Thread: workouts for quickness and balance

Default workouts for quickness and balance

hi everyone
    i need to find workouts for quickness and balance.my son is 11 and has strength he has problems with his balance and quickness on the mat.anything will be appreacated thank you

Default Re: workouts for quickness and balance

power cleans, but idk if hes old enough. shoulder presses and any standing lift will help ex. squats, deadlifts,

push ups, pull ups, sit ups, box jumps, shuttle runs, 3 cone drills, rope climbs
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."

Jump Rope, my 11 year old son has come on leaps and bounds! excuse the pun...

Not to bump an old thread, but start him on a Pistol Squat progression. Pistols have helped my balance a lot.

Start with maybe Air Squats, Bulgarian Split Squats, Box Pistol Squats and then finally Pistols. Just work into the pistol squats, may take a while depending on how strong he is. Maybe start him on some basic gymnastic stuff to help stabilize the core. Hand stands and tuck levers (on a pull up bar) are good. Also Hanging Leg Raises work the core a fair amount and should help his balance.

As for quickness, have him shadow wrestle. Its something that has helped me a lot with my speed. Also can help with balance if you shoot doubles, singles, high cs, low singles, etc in a straight line, 5 - 10 shots down and back, next move, down and back, etc. Jump roping will help your quickness too.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop43701 View Post
    hi everyone
    i need to find workouts for quickness and balance.
    Lot of exercise are there to gain quickness.. I suggest you to start cardio like swimming .. it would be best.. You can also try push ups, jumping ropes
    Last edited by wasilma; 06-14-2014 at 05:22 AM.
    always be loyal