Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

Default Re: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

Looked to me like the PSU asst. coach waved Frank over to the corner-THAT was as pure a LUNG TIME OUT as I have ever seen . AND it cost Minny the meet !! I dislike Minny and PSU equally so there is no homerism involved-Even Goldman would have pushed Molinaro back onto the mat.

Default Re: JRob reprimanded over "lung TO" incident - let's try this again with video

I'm breathing heavy just watching that clip.

With that said, it's not even close to being the most blatant that I've seen this year. Jerome Ward's incredible gassing in this match deserves serious consideration for Greatest of All Time honors:

The lung timeout itself comes around 9:10, but the whole glorious performance is worth taking in.
    Last edited by Gold; 03-01-2011 at 10:02 PM.

That's a LTO if I ever saw one. Lungerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! STALLING!
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Looked to me like the PSU asst. coach waved Frank over to the corner-THAT was as pure a LUNG TIME OUT as I have ever seen . AND it cost Minny the meet !! I dislike Minny and PSU equally so there is no homerism involved-Even Goldman would have pushed Molinaro back onto the mat.
    I saw Goldman literally berate one of his wrestlers and push him back out on the mat rather than let him take a lung time out in Minnesota; and Gable allededly yelled at a ref to call stalling.......on his own wrestler!
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Ward should have been hit for stalling in the first minute of that match. Literally backs up the entire time.

Sad thing is Jerome shows how skilled he is with a few nice leg attacks and a nice cradle but he has no energy what so ever.

KJ was hilarious I only was able to read his lips for some of it when he said "You have to wrestle! You Understand me!?" and he wouldn't let him grab his knees. What a cool guy.

Gold you are right that was more egregious, but less crucial because he was getting pounded and just didn't want to go into cardiac arrest on the mat. Ward wasn't worried about trying to win.

Franks helped him hold on and finish a match he was winning.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by rstrong View Post
    Now that everyone has chilled - here's the clip. I'm genuinely interested in what everyone's take is.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UeqbDtXd-Zg?hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UeqbDtXd-Zg?hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Let me catch my breath before I reply.

1 point stalling, Jammen.

I will never forget watching Nagel get stalled out of his match with Michigan his Senior year. What a tool. A warning, a 1 pt, a 1 pt, a 2 pt and then a DQ. It was actually pretty hilarious. When you get 5 calls in a 7 minute match, thats BAD!
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I'm assuming you've forgotten the circumstances of that match other than how he lost it.

All five stall calls came when Nagel was on the bottom and Churella was working his legs, Nagel wasn't running away on the feet like certain guys in this discussion had been.

There is a difference between stalling and being terrible on bottom that I don't think is recognized consistently.

I don't know if that still makes him a "tool."
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

No I recall the match, otherwise I wouldn't have brought it up. Even on his feet he was no wunderkind. He was the original Ryan Morningstar.
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."