Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 2011 RS Freshmen

Default Re: Best 2011 RS Freshmen

I'm really interested to see how Ryak Finch and Walter Peppleman do next year. I was glad to see that you (JensenS) listed them. I hoped that Ryak would wrestle this year, but he didn't. I think that he's done well red-shirting. I looked at the Iowa State website the other day to try and find anything I could on him, and I think he won a tournament of two. I haven't heard anything about how Walter Peppleman has done. His brother is doing pretty well at Harvard. At least, I assume that's his brother.

You mean to say Marshall Peppelman, Walter is his older brother at Harvard. Marshall had the better high school career so I'm sure that Cornell expects him to be a good one. Like many of their recruits, including Villalonga from the same class, he's already excellent on the mat which is one of the toughest adjustments for many freshmen coming into college who relied on their neutral advantage. I'm not sure how Marshall has done the last couple months, but he struggled early on in the season. After a year training with Kerber and Lewnes, I'm sure that he'll be a different wrestler next season. Same thing with Villalonga who gets to train with Dake while Manson and Nevinger are pretty good at his weight class as well.

First year Senior Jake Deitchler will make some noise--Maybe only on message boards--But noise will be made.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bwh27 View Post
    You mean to say Marshall Peppelman, Walter is his older brother at Harvard. Marshall had the better high school career so I'm sure that Cornell expects him to be a good one. Like many of their recruits, including Villalonga from the same class, he's already excellent on the mat which is one of the toughest adjustments for many freshmen coming into college who relied on their neutral advantage. I'm not sure how Marshall has done the last couple months, but he struggled early on in the season. After a year training with Kerber and Lewnes, I'm sure that he'll be a different wrestler next season. Same thing with Villalonga who gets to train with Dake while Manson and Nevinger are pretty good at his weight class as well.
    If Peppleman is going to Cornell who does he qualifiy for a Redshirt?
    Ivy league does not llow redshirts.

IU has a couple of good RS's-Niemann-141-11-2 and Walsh-157-17-3. I am really looking forward to seeing Kokesh and McMullen and Finch.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    If Peppleman is going to Cornell who does he qualifiy for a Redshirt?
    Ivy league does not llow redshirts.
    He's taking classes at a local community college, so he's not enrolled at Cornell yet. Ivy League rules still allow him to train with the team though.

Community College classes transfer to Ivy League schools? Is this true across the board or just a Cornell thing?

You so often hear Cornell fans talking about their disadvantages with no redshirt. This is better than a RS because he doesn't have to take difficult Cornell classes, just JuCo stuff.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Ness and Kokesh will be the standouts next year.

I agree that Ness will be a good one next year but if I was a Minnesota fan I wouldnt hold my breath on too many of the other prospects. We've seen too many of them transfer and never wrestle for the gophers recently to count anyone as a lock for greatness in brown and yellow.
    THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON ON EARTH IS THE HUMAN SOUL ON FIRE

"I like to relax with a chainsaw." Tom Brands 12/4/09