Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seperate but unequal=growing chasm between rich and poor in America

Default Re: Seperate but unequal=growing chasm between rich and poor in America

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I don't know that much about welfare rules either. I am sure that Clinton probably meant to pass a law that ended welfare as we know it, but just like almost everything the government runs, it didn't work as promised. There are just too many people recieving aide in America for the government to keep track of. I am sure thousands slip through the cracks, while thousands more don't slip through.
    I can assure you, nothing gets through the cracks under the current system! The moment that people are not incompliance with the guidelines, that's it, they're cut, and it is monitored closely.

By contrast, billions go into corporate welfare, with no oversight, people abusing the system,and the U.S. taxpayer getting virtually nothing in return for it.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

What exactly is corporate welfare again, is it tax breaks or what is it, I dont know. Is it subsidies?

Let me say this, I know that entitlements are the largest driver of the deficit so there you go. That is an indisputable fact. Fact two if you tax corporations and the wealthy at 100% not only would they run our of money very fast and you would have killed the cash cow, but hey would also move out of the nation at a faster rate or intentionally make less money, meaning they also produced less goods and hired less people. Fact three all most all of the industrial nations in the world are lowering their corporate tax rates attracting new jobs from the US. Even in Germany they are lowering corporate taxes. The easy way to look at taxes is to raise them on corporations and assume that their will be no fallout from it, that's one of those ideas that looks good on paper.

The biggest fact of all is that if we do not cut spending in a serious way and tackle the deficit it does not matter what tax structure we have or what kind of job loss we have because we can not sustain the growth of the deficit. Obama has grown the deficit in under four years larger that Bush did in eight not good.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    What exactly is corporate welfare again, is it tax breaks or what is it, I dont know. Is it subsidies?
    Tax breaks, tax credits, subsidies, cash handouts, 0% interest loans, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Let me say this, I know that entitlements are the largest driver of the deficit so there you go. That is an indisputable fact. Fact two if you tax corporations and the wealthy at 100% not only would they run our of money very fast and you would have killed the cash cow, but hey would also move out of the nation at a faster rate or intentionally make less money, meaning they also produced less goods and hired less people. Fact three all most all of the industrial nations in the world are lowering their corporate tax rates attracting new jobs from the US. Even in Germany they are lowering corporate taxes. The easy way to look at taxes is to raise them on corporations and assume that their will be no fallout from it, that's one of those ideas that looks good on paper.

The biggest fact of all is that if we do not cut spending in a serious way and tackle the deficit it does not matter what tax structure we have or what kind of job loss we have because we can not sustain the growth of the deficit. Obama has grown the deficit in under four years larger that Bush did in eight not good.
    I buy NONE of that. Why? Because businesses are leaving the country anyway, and leaving the country still requires that you pay taxes in the U.S. If you are a U.S. company, you pay taxes in the U.S., regardless of where you do business.

Changing the tax structure will change that not one bit, as a ton of U.S. corporations already pay no taxes, due to favors from government and they leave the country anyway, and what I already said in the above.

The fact is is that they want to exploit cheap labor, lax environmental standards, and fatten the bottom line for shareholders. There is social responsibility, and it's shameful how these welfare cheats take our dollars, lay off our workers, and fatten the wallets of shareholders and CEOs. Meanwhile, workers' wages remain stagnant or declining, benefits are cut, and people continue to live off credit to go deeper in debt.

It's shameful, and to condone a sytem that corrupt is the pinnacle of being un-American and anti-capitalist. That isn't capitalism when the government funds these
    welfare cheats.

I think tax breaks for business is good and I'm not saying that because of anyone on Fox news or anything like that. It just makes sense that if I owned a company, I could sell my products for less money if I didn't need to pay taxes. Companies don't really pay taxes no matter how much you charge them. They just raise the price of their product and the consumer covers it. So really, the common man pays corporate taxes. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, but it sounds good to say if you are a politician that "evil corporate America" will pay more if you vote for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I can assure you, nothing gets through the cracks under the current system! The moment that people are not incompliance with the guidelines, that's it, they're cut, and it is monitored closely.
    Keep it real Ban. There isn't one rule or law in the history of the world that has a 100% success rate. People ARE slipping through the cracks. There aren't enough government workers to monitor everyone. People lie, steal and cheat. It is a flaw of humanity. To say that the American government can make sure that "nothing gets through the cracks under the current system!" is more comical than you meant it to be.

Ban I agree with you that corporations dont pay taxes. The reason they dont pay taxes is different for each of us. I believe they dont pay taxes because taxes are a cost of business that must be recouped and in order to do so they pass that cost onto the consumer as they do with all of their operating cost. You believe that they actually dont pay taxes which is a farce and I dont think you could prove that any corporation does not pay taxes.

Question if lower corporate tax rates hurt an economy why is Germany lowering theirs and why do tehy have the healthiest economy in the world?

I am not for subsidies or hand outs so we can agree on that but the fact remains that the more it costs a company to do business in America the less they will do it, the less they will pay their employees and the less they will hire.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I think tax breaks for business is good and I'm not saying that because of anyone on Fox news or anything like that. It just makes sense that if I owned a company, I could sell my products for less money if I didn't need to pay taxes. Companies don't really pay taxes no matter how much you charge them. They just raise the price of their product and the consumer covers it. So really, the common man pays corporate taxes. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that, but it sounds good to say if you are a politician that "evil corporate America" will pay more if you vote for them.
    All well, and good but how does that system resemble anything that is capitalism? Have government subsidize businesses, they don't freely compete on the market with one another, and ultimately lay off our workers and send our jobs overseas to further exploit the system.

If you see that as good for our system, let the world know, as no one else does.