Okay, no you don't. Cornell finished the season wrestling:
    Binghamton
    Columbia
    U. Penn
    Princeton
    Brown and
    Harvard...Please, that is not what I call a hell of a schedule

Default Re: Cornell heading into the big dance

Cornell is EIWA & Ivy League. That is basically their IL schedule at the end. If they are a member there isn't much they can do about that.

Redshirt

Very true, but they could wrestle one or more one-on-one duals at the begining of the season in additional to the Scuffle and National duals. Other teams do that. They might even be able to break precendent and wrestle a dual or two after the end of their conference schedule. Cornell has an excellent team this year. I would like to see them become an excellent program. I guess time will tell.

They wrestled CMU early on.

I think if you compared their scheduled to other "elite teams" schedules, you would feel silly about calling them out.

Cornell has a very tough schedule.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Redshirt

Silly? LOL... I haven't been called silly since I was 50. Good one!!! So if you can't prove your point attack the messenger.... It's an old, and not very honored tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by cpeake7 View Post
    Very true, but they could wrestle one or more one-on-one duals at the begining of the season in additional to the Scuffle and National duals.
    They've wrestled Central Michigan, Lehigh, and Iowa State in duals this year outside of their National Duals competition.

Maybe they should add Iowa Central, Coe, Cornell College, and Southern Illinois Edwardsville to their schedule next year. I'm sure wrestling those teams would do well in helping them attain the "elite!" label.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Maybe they should add Iowa Central, Coe, Cornell College, and Southern Illinois Edwardsville to their schedule next year. I'm sure wrestling those teams would do well in helping them attain the "elite!" label.
    Don't drag Tom into this!!!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Redshirt

Guys, this is a good discussion. I like Cornell and I hope that they continue to do well in the future. I believe the discussion was started by someone commenting on the finish of the season and that Cornell's opponents would not well prepare them for the NCAAs. I believe that is still correct. I would like to see Iowa, Oklahoma St. and Minnesota on every top 10 team's schedule. That said, your point about Iowa Central, Coe etc is well taken.